Keyless entry - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Keyless entry

When i bought my truck, 06 F-250XLT it didnt have a remote to open the doors, should the dealer be able to get one for me? its a little annoying to open the door with the key, and i dont like to use the number passwords on the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I bought an 05 xl with the same issue. I went to a local locksmith and he programed one in less than 5 minutes. I was out the door for less than $70
Old 08-14-2011, 02:57 PM

where should i get the remote?
Old 08-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Just go to ebay and you can pick up a set for 25-30 dollars shipped and they are very simple to sync up with your truck(5 minute job).

Ive actually have an extra one because the truck came with one, if your just looking for one I would sell it since ford only allows two remotes for the truck.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My buddy just had the same problem with his truck I had a old fob I gave him it takes about a min to program you start with all doors electronically unlocked with the drivers door open cycle the ignition switch from off to run ( with out starting the truck) 8 times ending in the run position and then push the 7-8 9-0 buttons on the keypad at the same time the locks should cycle letting you know the truck is in " learn" mode then hit the lock button on the fob until it locks the door then take then the locks should cycle agin when the truck exits learn mode and there you go it's programed I have seen single remotes on eBay for 5 or 6 bucks before I hope this helps

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 08-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by add2255 View Post
My buddy just had the same problem with his truck I had a old fob I gave him it takes about a min to program you start with all doors electronically unlocked with the drivers door open cycle the ignition switch from off to run ( with out starting the truck) 8 times ending in the run position and then push the 7-8 9-0 buttons on the keypad at the same time the locks should cycle letting you know the truck is in " learn" mode then hit the lock button on the fob until it locks the door then take then the locks should cycle agin when the truck exits learn mode and there you go it's programed I have seen single remotes on eBay for 5 or 6 bucks before I hope this helps

Can I do this if I dont have the keypad on my truck XLT? I do have power locks and windows.

Last edited by jocww; 08-14-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Emergency Services

how about programming the door key pad? I've read about finding the code/number under the dash/on the firewall but I can't find it.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:44 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
probably cheaper to get the fobs off of eBay and they are easy to set-up. i got mine from Midwest Keyless, came with the battery and instructions. eBay My World - midwestkeyless not sure how to find the door codes, I've read the same things TurboMustang has but I was fortunate and my dealer gave it to me no problem when purchasing the truck, from what I understand most dealers want you to pay for them to hook up and get/reset the code for you.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Idk if you can do it without the key pad or not that may mean you truck is not equipped with keyless entry I'm not sure and the key pad code is hard to find but is on the PCM it is behind all the insulation and it has 3 connectors going to it a green a red and a blue I think I googled it and found a write up that told exactly wer it was

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.