Dome Light, Power Windows and Radio not working - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dome Light, Power Windows and Radio not working

Well, I've officially become frustrated enough to create a thread about this. I have searched high and low for the solution with no conclusive answers, and I have also PM'd folks who have had the same issue to see how they resolved it. No luck yet. So....

I was replacing my dome light with L.E.D. bulbs. Somehow I managed to touch both sides of the bulb with the metal sheet underneath the dome light and got a spark. Afterwards, my radio will not work. It lights up, the clock works fine if I push the menu button and it will allow me to insert and eject cd's. Additionally, I have absolutely no power windows whatsoever, and the 2 smaller lights on the dome light do not work at all when flipping the switch. The main center bulb of the dome light does work, however (when opening the doors, etc.)

I've checked the fuses and have yet to find a blown one. Fuse 601 is a 30amp and I'm not too sure how to check if it's gone bad. I know that this is the fuse for the delay and power windows.

Sometimes, but rarely, I can get the radio to turn on for a milisecond right after I've powered the truck, but still no luck with it actually working, the windows working or the dome light coming on.

I'm at a loss, so I'm really hoping somebody has a solution for me. Money is tight right now and it'd be tons easier if I could resolve this issue myself.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Let me check on Alldata and see if I can send you a wiring diagram to use in ad of helping you !!!....I think I can walk you though some pin point test and at least try to help........HALLA!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had this same problem a few months back. I too was replacing my overhead dome lights and created a spark then the radio, windows, and dome lights went dead. I checked the fuses that you would think to check, and everything was ok, nothing was blown. But after doing alot of trouble shooting I found that I did blow a fuse, but instead of being the 601 fuse it was the #41 fuse. It is a 10 amp fuse for the instrument cluster. Hope this helps!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBlue View Post
I had this same problem a few months back. I too was replacing my overhead dome lights and created a spark then the radio, windows, and dome lights went dead. I checked the fuses that you would think to check, and everything was ok, nothing was blown. But after doing alot of trouble shooting I found that I did blow a fuse, but instead of being the 601 fuse it was the #41 fuse. It is a 10 amp fuse for the instrument cluster. Hope this helps!
That was the ticket. Even though I had already checked all fuses before, I hooked each one up to a voltmeter and BAM. It was fuse 41. Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully this thread helps someone else out in the future.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBlue View Post
Thank you so much, I was really really frustrated.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Crazy - I had the entire interior out of my truck today, both batteries disconnected, entire dash apart, did a sweet custom stereo install, put everything back together and checked it, the stereo worked great, I rolled the windows down to get some air while listening to my new tunes, then decided I would mess with my dome light in the rear. I changed out the bulb and went inside. I cam back out later to find dead windows. Thanks to this thread I will be able to sleep tonight knowing that all of my electronics should be there in the AM and Dry. Who woulda thunk. Thank you for the post. I rarely get in a jam, but when I do; I know where to find the answers - Right Here!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
lol I love the ORG! same problem, same solution. Wish this was like cummin's forum and I could "Thank" those who contributed to this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.