Wiring diagram or pinout diagram for fuse box - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 05:28 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wiring diagram or pinout diagram for fuse box

Well I finally got around to hooking up my gauges in my truck, but i tried the red with yellow strip wire for my switched power source with no luck. So i grabbed my fluke and found a switched 12v source on the back of the fuse box. Well it turns out thats got something to do with the trans because when i shift the truck out of park the gauges turn off then back on haha... only slightly anoying. Before i go hacking up my whole under dash harness i was hoping someone could help me out with a diagram or some insight on where the hell to get some solid power. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1 FUSE BLOCK EXTENSION ADD A FUSE ATM FUSE TAP | eBay

I just pulled this from ebay... I used one of these to run my gauges. Pretty painless and you aren't hacking up your harness. You can get them from your favorite auto parts store. Just tap into a fuse in the panel that is hot only when the ignition is on.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you do want to tap into the wiring harness you can tap into a connector on the backside of the fusebox # C270c which is a black six PIN connector next to a grey connector about in the middle of the fusebox. The RD/LG wire is hot on run and start. This is what I taped into, there are a number of other connectors you can tap into.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.