Where to mount amp? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where to mount amp?

Hey guys I have an '05 F250 Crew Cab with the metal rack under the rear seat and am thinking about picking up this subwoofer/box/amp package:

Ford*F-250*F-350*Crew*Cab*Dual*12"*Powered*Kicker*CVT12*Sub*Box *W/*ZX750.1*Amplifier*&*4*Gauge...

Just wondering if you knew of any places to mount the amp? I heard its not good to mount it to the box itself, but I'm not sure if there are any other places to mount it that are hidden and out of view. I really don't want to remove the metal rack under the seat because it gets used a lot. Any ideas? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Premium Member

Looks like the box is covering the whole back, behind the seat... Kinda limits your options. If you can pull it more towards the driver's side and see if there is enough room to mount it to the back of the smaller passenger seat like this guy did: Robert Lastinger's 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch

That is my plan. I am putting an SPL2K box in mine, and there really isn't a solid place to mount to the rear of the cab. I have to check and see what the back of the seat is made of because I don't want the amp falling off.

This method will only work if you have enough clearance between your box and the back of the seat.

Other than losing the tray, you could remove just the small flip out part at the hinge and place your amp on the tray bottom. I don't know if there is enough room underneath the front seat...
Old 06-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the SPL2K in mine and im going to put mine under the passenger side of the rear seat.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah there doesn't seem like there's a lot of room under the front seats. There may possibly be some room under the center part of the front bench seat, but I'm not quite sure if it'll fit.

Do you have the metal rack underneath the rear seat? How are you going to mount the amp there? Is there a way of mounting it to the actual seat itself?
Old 06-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Premium Member

I will be mounting mine on the back of the passenger rear seat. When you fold down the seat, the amp is right there.
Or, if you have tbe tray, fold out the small section, lower the seat back down and measure the gap between the tray and bottom of the seat. If your amp will fit, just remove the small fold out part at the hinge. You will still have 2/3 of your tray left for your stuff. Just wont be able to fold up the small seat.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah that's a good idea. I'll have to check that out. Ideally i'd like to be able to mount it to the back side of the rear passenger seat, I just hope there's room
Old 06-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

For what it's worth I mounted my amp to the back or the rear passengers seat also, I have the metal rack under the seats also. Fits perfect and it's out of site from eyes.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have captains chairs
Old 06-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah if I have room after I install the box I'm going to try to mount it to the rear of the seat. If not, I'll probably just maount it underneath the rear seat if it fits with the rack in place.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Premium Member

This is my setup. The JL fits nicely under that lip in the back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.