speaker box dimensions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 05:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
speaker box dimensions

Could someone please give the dimensions of what size speaker box i can fit behind the back seat of an 03 crewcab.

i have seen and searched, all i can come up with is a wedge shaped box which is fine, but i want to make my own, and cant find any dimensions anywhere of what will fit in the stock space..

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 06:06 PM

well, i tore out all the kid seats, and everything behind the crew cab seat. started taking some measurements for the box.

i have 2 old school kicker solobaric 12's. I came up with a wedge sized box 8"at the bottom 17" high and 4" at the top and 55" long. gives me the perfect air space for the 12's and fits perfectly.

i also have 2 kicker component sets with a tweeter and 6 1/4 i am hoping to put in the doors. I hope they can fit.. will post up some pics while building/installed.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:12 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
3.5 at the top 7.5 at the bottom 17 tall and 61 wide is as big as you will be able to fit
Old 06-22-2011, 05:27 PM

well i got the sub box finished up. it fits, a bit snug, but it does fit. hoping when the speakers are installed they dont compress into the seat. if so i may have to make some rings to mount around the subs to protect them.

i just scored an awesome deal on a head unit. jvc kwxr-810 at best buy.. it was marked clearance at 125. rang up at register 305.00, said no way, tag says 125.. so out the door i went at a 3rd of the price

will post up some pics when i start the install.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:00 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what dimensions did you go with? I originally went with 4.5 up top 8.5 on bottom and 62 wide and it perfectly wouldnt fit behind the seat but i do have 06 seats now. interested to see your build. what subs and amp did you go with
Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Firefighter Member

They will compress behind the seat. Have had mine for about a year. Wish I would get on here more often because I could have helped you. I have 2 12's behind my seat and they are up aginst the seat. But I can tell you, you can hear me coming down the road. Try to get a pic tomorrow but I don't have carpet on the box yet. Question....what size amp are you going to run and how much power can you 12's take.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:07 AM

8" at bottom, 4" at top and 55" long

here is a pic of what all i am using. (that is the old sub box, not new one)

old school stuff from the 90's that has been sitting in the garage for a decade..lol

12" kicker solobaric's powered by a 2 channel phoenix gold 500 watt amp, bridged and subs run in series.

2 kicker component sets run through a soundstream svx2 crossover.

The 4 6 1/2" drivers run from a 200 watt hifonics gemini 4 channel amp and the tweeters run from a 2 channel sentrek 200 watt amp.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:26 PM

where is the best place to put the whole for the subs? where will give the deepest mounting depth? Im thinking about 2" from the bottom
Old 07-01-2011, 05:39 PM

my 12's ar 6" mount depth, so i cut the holes all the way at the bottom, only thing at the base of the hole is the bottom piece of plywood.. will post some pics when i start the install.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:41 PM

well i found some time to build the box and get it fitted in the truck, i didnt take and build pics, but here are a few of it in the truck, (still needs carpeted)

unfortunitly i blew up my phoenix gold ms 250 amp testing everything out poof up in smoke with a 8" flame out the side

so i ended up buying 2 new amps, a kicker zx 1000.1 for the subs, i have them wired in series at 8 ohms, at about 350-400 watts with that amp.

the component sets will be running off of a kicker zx650.4 when i find time to get those in.

anyone have any info or help on fitting a 6 1/2 in the stock locations?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.