Alarm/Remote Start Install help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Alarm/Remote Start Install help

I am installing a Code Alarm SRT9000 Alarm/Remote Start that I have had sitting in my closet for like 2 yrs.
Have it all hooked up and down to a couple problems.

1. The Remote Start doesnt even attempt to start. Now I had the dealer put a remote start on my truck when I bought it new in 05, it was a Directed (Valet) 562T. They had a bunch of the wires back assward I found out, but I found a wiring diagram online and I know the wires to start motor, accessory wires, and ignition wires and the constant 12V are all correct. The only wires I didnt connect are what they call the Active Output/Ignition3 (blue/black) as my truck doesn't have either an Ignition 3 wire or something like a GM VATS system. It shows can also be used for Accessory 2/3 Output with a Relay but I have Accessory 2 already wired to the Orange Accessory 2 wire on the alarm so not sure why they mention this use. The other wire not connected is the External Start Trigger (white/blue) the other system wired this into the door lock motor but i dont care to use my keypad to kickoff the remote start like it would before, and have no reason to use another external device to initiate remote start, but does this wire still need to be grounded?

2. The wiring guide I am using mentions using the door trigger wire for both the dome light Supervision output and the Positive Door input. This works for setting the alarm off, but if I get out and close door, the dome light is on, when I lock doors/set alarm it is supposed to turn the dome light off, but instead sets alarm as the door sensor is already triggered? ie throws 3 chirps instead of one. I am wired into the Black/Light Blue wire in the driver kick panel for this with both my Dome Light Supervision and Positive Door Input wires to the alarm.

Thanks in advance for any pointers and sorry for the book I just wrote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Premium Member

May be a good idea to phone the manufacturer support.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Premium Member

think i found part of my problem, trusting the stupid wiring diagram i found. found another so going to change a few wires around and see where it goes
Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
Either go to each door and grab trigger there as the vehicle has a dome light turn off delay. You can also turn off the error chirps if running to each door and diode isolating it is not an option.

Also a lot of times the DEI alarms are set to manual transmission in the settings menus. change that to automatic and program the tach. Provided you have all the wires connected properly it should start or try to. No much to these trucks as far as remote start goes especially since they didn't get factory anti-theft until 2008.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Premium Member

well i removed the DEI system since the srt9000 is both remote start and alarm. I jst redid the wires into the column so I know ignition 1 and 2, accessory 1 and 2, power, and starter wires are all correct. I have the tach wire hooked into the green/white wire that was in the bundle behind the dash. I am about to go program the tach as I never did that hopefully that is all it is as like u said it seems pretty damn simple. What sucks is the DEI remote start was working for the most part :/ just wanted to finally get the stupid alarm in.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Premium Member

well got the remote start working, jst need to program the tach, it says it wld flash 8 times if tach wasnt programmed but i guess that wasnt the case it jsut didnt do anything. currently dont have door triggers wired in just dome light supervision will do the doors tomorrow or later its too damn hot outside
Old 05-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Air Assault!!

It is best to catch each door trigger in each boot and run them up to the alarm. That way you wont have to worry about the dome light supervision. You can also find them in a 14 pin plug at the VSM LG/YE, PK/LB, YE/BL, GY/RD

Last edited by MPTonyT; 05-31-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPTonyT View Post
It is best to catch each door trigger in each boot and run them up to the alarm. That way you wont have to worry about the dome light supervision. You can also find them in a 14 pin plug at the VSM LG/YE, PK/LB, YE/BL, GY/RD
cool thanks, so i have one door trigger wire on the alarm but 4 different door triggers, do i use a relay of some sort? any idea how best to wire the relay in this case?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Air Assault!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledrop View Post
cool thanks, so i have one door trigger wire on the alarm but 4 different door triggers, do i use a relay of some sort? any idea how best to wire the relay in this case?
No relay needed. Diodes are needed though. You need to diode isolate the 4 wires before running them into one. That way your dash door indicator will still work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.