4 L5's in the crew cab!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4 L5's in the crew cab!!

Well I took my truck to a custom audio shop and told them to have at it and I wanted it loud. This is what I picked up!! Sounds good they had to move my seat forward 1.5 inches and fiberglass the back wall and put in some dynomat. I ended up getting rid of my sliding back window and getting a solid too haha. Well here it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Looks really nice, it'll definitley wake the neighbors...
Old 05-17-2011, 12:52 PM
The Silent Service

Very clean, where'd you mount the amp?
Old 05-17-2011, 03:42 PM

Yeah i can always tell when i let someone borrow my truck when there coming back from a ways away. The amps up under the seat and fits perfect im about to add an inverter under there and a xbox360 i think. I never use it so i figured i should just put it in there.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Premium Member

Two questions:

1) Why did you get rid of the sliding back window?

2) If you don't mind me asking, how much did this setup set you back?
Old 05-17-2011, 04:22 PM

The sliding back window rattled really bad.. these subs will set off car alarms when i drive by haha and the subs and the box and the labor and an orion amp kit and installing it all was 1100. I already had the 4200 double din and the zx 1000.1. I went on a cruise for a week and dropped my truck off so they had it the whole time. It was a lot of work for them and its a custom box the subs are recessed.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Premium Member

Weird, mine has never rattled a bit, no matter how loud I crank it. My system isn't quite as impressive as yours (two Rockford 12's behind the seat) but it kicks pretty hard.

On a side note, my system cost the same as yours ($1100), except mine included the amp, subs, box, labor, Pioneer touchscreen, and door speakers. Everything in my truck is Rockford Fosgate except for the head unit.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:15 PM

Yeah the middle part of the three piece was constantly rattling and I like solid back windows more anyways. It was just a reason to get it done. Iv had to fix a bunch of things that rattle. I really want to go see what it meters. The shop that did it said its the loudest super duty they have seen/done that still has a back seat. I have no complants and would pay that much again. The subs at retail up here in alaska was 900 alone. But things up here just cost more because of shipping and you know they have to make something. So he took some off of that im sure and then the amp kit was 100... so that leaves 100 for the work and other materials. But i also run the plasma table at alaska steel so he cut me a deal and im going to hook him up in the future.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:51 PM

Thats sweet. I got 4 L7's and didn't move the seat forward. I didn't like the space u loose to get your leg in with the seat moved forward or the brackets flipped is what is typically done. The ZR 1000 is huge. My brother has a ZR360 and ZR460. Classic amps with great power. The grills allow the speakers to move without hitting the seat. I highly recommend it before the surround gets messed up if the subs hit the seat. I built the box myself and it is to specs.

I see in your pic the back panel is the color of the interior. Mine matches the box now. I redid it after that pic.

Last edited by belz; 05-17-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:09 PM

The shop that did them said they couldnt get the L7's to clear and be an inch from the back of the box or i would have them. And i trust his judgement and they sound great. The zx1000.1 is just enough amp... He said i could pick up a rockford bd1500 and it would be even louder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.