Replacement speakers for stock location, 07 F350 Crewcab. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replacement speakers for stock location, 07 F350 Crewcab.

I have a 2007 F350 Crew Cab Dually that I'm upgrading the stereo in. I bought a Kenwood KVT-696 headunit. I like it and the single DIN gives me an extra storage pocket. I will soon have a Pioneer TS-SW2501S4 10" Subwoofer driven by an Alpine MRP-M500 500W amplifier. I'm building a sealed box to suit the sub and area behind the back seat, driver side.

I'm looking to upgrade the interior speakers with something that will fit in the stock locations without custom fiberglass enclosures and hack and slashing the interior. I am OK with surface/screw mounting tweeters, just don't want it to be OBVIOUSLY hacked in aftermarket. I'd prefer to run the speakers off the headunit for easy install and reducing overall cost. It's 50Wx4 and people seem happy with the quality output. My budget for the speakers is generous for good quality, but I'm not looking for competition quality.

So my question is - are there any known good speaker brands, sizes, combinations that work well with the the F350 Crew cab in the stock locations? Any further suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I went with 4 Pioneer 3-ways 5x7's in the stock locations powered only by my Clarion CX-609 which is 50x4 and it sounds great, paired up with my Pioneer 10" sub.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

a quality set of coaxial's will be just fine(JL, MB Quart, Boston Acoustics,etc), but if you decide on a set of component speakers, flush mounting a tweeter isn't difficult at all, it just takes some bravery to take a hole saw to your interior panel of choice lol
Old 03-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys. Are you running OEM size or can larger sizes fit?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 AM

I use an adapter plate to run 5 1/4 components, the tweeters are mounted on a bridge over the woofers.

you might also like these: kick+panel at Crutchfield.com

if 5x7 is what you're after, i like these: http://www.crutchfield.com/s_136C257...70X.html?tp=93 good sound good price

Last edited by ianstew; 03-28-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
I have two sets of Phoenix Gold Ti 5x7's (brand new) that i bought for my wifes truck but she is OK with whats in there. Ill let them go for $75.00 for both pair plus shipping. Let me know via PM if your interested. Perfect fit for factory locations.

Phoenix Gold | Products Detail Page
Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the offer on the Phoenix Gold. I ordered up x2 pair of 5x7 MB Quart because I've had great sound from them in the past. I'll post back when I have them installed. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:58 AM

MB Quart
Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quick update... The MB Quart ONYX 5x7 came in today so I tossed them in first. I'd say there's a very positive difference in the mids and highs (to be expected, really) but I'm very disappointed by the lower frq. I am driving them off my HU for right now so they may be underpowered?

I'm looking forward to installing the Phoenix Gold Ti for comparision, and getting the box and amp(s) installed... Those should be here tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 AM

are you going to x-over and amplify your 5x7's or are you going to run them off the head unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.