alpine iva w205 questions help!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
alpine iva w205 questions help!!

hey guys so i have an alpine iva w205 in my o4 and i dont have the two yellow wires hooked up for the brakes. i cant change any settings besides audio. no visual and cant change the clock on it.

By not havin the two wires hooked up is that why i cant change those features?

which wires do i tap into for the park brake and foot brake in my truck? dont have the money for the bypass and dont need to watch vids while driving.

please help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

come on guys somebody has to know!!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Great head unit.

Yes, not having those wires hooked up is what's causing your issue. For safety, Alpine designed the radio so that if you are not parked, you can't watch video or get very far into the settings. The theory there is that you'll get too distracted and smash someone. The yellow wires wire into the foot brake and parking brake to let the head unit know when you're parked.

Of course, that's super lame. You should bypass this with a PAC-TR7. It's a little box that you wire in that will allow everything to work fine while you're driving down the road. It's inexpensive, easy to install, and comes already programmed out of the box ready to work with your Alpine head unit.

I will say that I've installed several of the TR7s, and I've had a couple that were bad. Just a heads up that if you wire it up and it doesn't work, it may be a dud. Save your receipt.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:47 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'll second the PAC-TR7. It's about $20 on ebay and well worth it. I don't watch movies on my IVA-W505, but if I had to do the sequence that Alpine requires every time I wanted to change a setting or use the GPS I would have switched brands. IIRC the sequence is step on foot brake, set park brake, release park brake, set park brake, release foot brake.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hello there,
I used to have the 205 in my truck as well until some a**hole broke in and stole it. The way I hooked mine up was the wire that goes to the brake I hooked up as normal, then instead of buying the TR7 I bought a two dollar toggle switch at autozone and hooked the parking break wire to it. Then you push the break flip the switch twice and there ya go! simple and cheap! Just remember to ground the toggle switch so that way the circuit opens and closes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.