Upgrade to DVD Rear View Cam. Input Appreciated!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to socalocman03 Send a message via Yahoo to socalocman03
Upgrade to DVD Rear View Cam. Input Appreciated!!

What's goin on ladies and gentleman?? So I have a fairly decent sound system in my truck which makes the California Parking lots (The State Calls em Freeway's) a bit more tolerable while commuting from job site to job site on a daily basis. I currently have a JVC Head Deck run into two amps, one a 4 ch 350 Watt Kicker pushing 4 Polk Audio DB-571's & a Mono 600 Watt Kicker pushing a 12" Kicker Solo Baric L7 Sub. Windows UP, A/C On Stereo at a Decent Volume (Just enough to Move Tools Around In the Bed Of The Truck!!) Sounding Crystal Clear Highs and The Lows that make a man think "Is It Live or Is It Memorex?" Now That's Funny!! Just have to have been around long enough to remember and feel the humor...

Anyway Back to the matter at hand. I am replacing the JVC Head Deck with a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Deck, Older Model tis tru but at a cost of $140.00 I couldn't keep my hand off my wallet. Along with this is a much needed long awaited Rear View Camera since my rear window is fully covered by my truck box 7' tall x 8' wide x 15' long which gives me a little bit of a BLIND SPOT when attempting to view through the absolutely useless rear view mirror. Backing up is Soooooo Much Fun, Back up, get out and look, back a little further, get out and take a look etc... etc...What a PITA it is!! So Remedy is on its way in the form of the rear view cam.

My Reason for the post is I'm kicking around the idea of adding a 15" Over Head Flip Down LCD Monitor whilst I have the F-550's dash tore apart, and although I am fairly literate when it comes to stereos, amps, Speakers and such I am One could say a bit LCD Monitor Challenged in regards to what is Quality, What is and isn't worth the money. Not sure if you all are aware but Mark up on retail electronics Is a Bit exuberant (High End Name Brands especially!!!) lol

Anyhew, the Link is to a 15" monitor I came across and thought looked like a reasonable deal for $117.00 but like stated earlier The Boy Is Not An LCD expert so anyone can check it out any input and or suggestions as to if this one is a good bang for the buck or info on other LCD's that might make for a better fit. I welcome and appreciated any and all feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PYLE-15-TFT-Flip-Down-Car-Monitor-IR-Roof-Mount-Video-/350344598617?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51922a 5459[/URL]

Thanks for reading

Les

Last edited by socalocman03; 01-20-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.