2 ?'s- LED replacments, Harley lights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 ?'s- LED replacments, Harley lights

I know Recon sells replacement bulbs, and complete light housings. But, lets just say their prices arent "competitive".

I used the Sylvania guide to find which bulbs I need. No issues there.

A quick Google search came up with a few sites. None of them seem to have a complete bulb selection. I would like to be able to order all of the bulbs from one place.

Does anyone sell a "package" for our trucks? That would be ideal! Bed cargo light/stop light, reverse lights, license plate, turn signals (with proper resistors). And then maybe do an interior kit as well?

2nd Question- Harley Headlights. Best place to buy them? I found lots of threads showing pictures, but not much about who to buy from. Are the eBay ones durable enough? Leak proof?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 04:44 PM

C'mon, nobody has replaced their lights with LED's?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:20 AM

I am sure plenty or people have done some. Basically it is a bulb by bulb thing. If you go to Sylvania's website they will list every bulb for your vehicle, then it is just finding good LED replacements.

One reason this is not more popular is that many poor LED bulbs offer less light than the bulb they replace. people see them, they look goofy, and no one wants to the same thing.

I would like to replace my stock tails with all LED tails. The stock tails are not nearly bright enough IMHO.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
so your looking to just replace the actual bulbs not the housing correct? and for the harley headlights.. i wouldnt buy anything but OEM if you dont want them to leak....
Old 01-25-2011, 07:44 AM

I was going to use this place, www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs .They looked ok and seemed ok in price.I would try LKQ for the headlamps.I got my 05 lamps from them.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

For LEDs check:
Super Bright LEDs ? LED Lights, Bulbs, and Accessories
-OR-
V-LEDS.COM | LED Dome, Map, License Plate, Reverse, DRL, Turn Signal, Brake Lights

I have LED tails (ebay), Recon's 3rd BL, White 194 LEDs in my license plate lights, I have a 3 light Ident bar under the tailgate (usually seen on duallies), I have Amber 194 bulbs in my front side marker lights and Amber 3157 bulbs in my front turn signals. (the side markers and 3157s came from the same place so they color match) - When I added the tails, the flasher worked the same (I think they added load in the tails), but when I added the front 3157s I had the 'fast-flash' problem. What I did to solve that was to change to an Electronic Flasher (EP-27). It isn't load dependent. Works well.

Here's a link to my Lighting Album:
Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - SuperCrutyPS's Album: SuperCrutyPS's Lighting
Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
vleds.com is the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.