In need of more steering wheel audio controls??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
In need of more steering wheel audio controls???

So I believe we can all agree that the 2005-2007 Lariats are lacking in the steering wheel audio control department.

Well after getting my new head unit which supports Call Answer, Call Hang up I wanted to add those functions but when limited to 4 buttons that means something has gotta give.

After a little digging through schematics and debating i decided to hi-jack the Temp up/dwn and Fan up/down as i will use them more for the radio than i would for the climate portion.

After crunching numbers i realized i would not be able to combine the two wires (one from radio and on from climate controls) to the same module since the values of the buttons are super close and the PAC module would not know the difference. Easy fix.... Use a second module. So i have one module functioning as Vol +, Vol-, Preset Up, and Source and the other module functioning as Call Answer, Call Hang Up, Track Up and Track Down. I then cut the 3.5mm jack off (no pun intended) both modules and wired them in parallel to one singe 3.5mm to plug into the back of the Pioneer head unit.

The wire from the climate controls are Black with a light blue stripe and reads resistance to ground when buttons are pressed and reads 4.7K at rest. I grabbed this wire right at the back of the climate controls. Connect this wire to the white wire of the PAC module and program for version 3.

If you have any questions let me know as i will help out where i can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.