Viper 5701 Install Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 07:32 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Viper 5701 Install Questions

So after reading a bunch of posts and getting some good information I decided to save the $280 and try the install myself. Even though its pretty cold out and we are supposed to get a snow storm tomorrow, I started the install tonight.

First off, the previous owner had an alarm/remote start installed but before they traded it in, they took everything out but on most of the needed wires you can tell where they spliced into them since there is just tape on them. The alarm that was there before was CodeAlarm but not sure which model. All I got were the remotes and the antenna.

Now my questions:
- On the plug under the steering wheel (which I am guess is the ignition harness) there are two thick yellow wires, which one do I use?
- On the directions below, it has three for the wires for the H3 harness hooking up to a thick yellow wire, is that all to the same yellow wire?
- For the green starter wire, mine is cut and goes into a relay along with the brown wire above the gas pedal - anyone know what that would be used for or should I remove that when installing the Viper?

For the time being, I am going to use the dome light for the door trigger. I might go back later (Spring) and hook them up to each door trigger.

Here is the diagram I am using (from Wojo):
Quote:
H3
Pink - White/Yellow or Red/Lt Green in ignition harness
Red/White - Thick Yellow Wire in Ignition Harness
Orange - Gray with yellow at fuse block
Violette - Cut green starter wire in half and wire this to starter side of wire
Green - Wire this to the Key side of the Green wire
Red - Thick yellow Wire in ignition harness
Pink/White - Red/Black
Pink/Black - Not used
Red/Black - Thick Yellow Wire in Ignition Harness

H1
Red - any constant 12v source in the truck
Brown - Siren
White/Brown - Constant 12 v source
Black - Ground
Violette - Black with light blue ( this is your domelight wire. it is easiest accessed
under the kick panel trim. the wire runs in a harness towards the underside of your drivers side front seat.)
White - Brown wire at headlight switch.

H2
Not used at all.
Remote Start Input
black/ White - Ground
Violette/White - Green/White (this wire is taped up in the same harness as the high idle mod wiring)
Brown - Light Green at brake pedal switch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 01:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That relay wasn't connected to the brown wire it was just attached and tapped together for some reason.

I got everything hooked up, but now my parking lights won't turn off.

Anyone have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.