Door Chime Disable question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 05:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Door Chime Disable question

How do you dis-able this insane POS ??
I have read that simply removing the ground wire from the ign.switch contact the door lock will not stay locked and will default to the unlocked position ?
Is this true ?? where is the dang buzzer located I have looked into my dash but it really must be hidden ! how do you unplug it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 05:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

there is a black wire with a pink line on it under the dash to the right of the steering wheel. behing the panel that covers the fuse box. ill post a pic as soon as i get the email i sent from my phone. Just cut that wire. thats what i did and no more annoying dinging and no other issues other than if the keys are in the ignition and you try to lock the doors with the door open it unlocks itself which isnt a big deal in my opinion.

O and im not sure about these trucks but i was told on my chevy that it came though the driver door speaker I dont know if its the same on these trucks

Last edited by RickW2007; 01-06-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

lets see if this works

Old 01-06-2011, 07:26 AM

I see said the Blind man !
Thanks !!!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:28 AM

Rather than cut the wire ,I will try and use a pick to slide the prong out of the connector housing first !
Old 01-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Glad i could help. Thats one of the first thing i do to a truck i buy that POS drives me crazy.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmorgan711 View Post
How do you dis-able this insane POS ??
I have read that simply removing the ground wire from the ign.switch contact the door lock will not stay locked and will default to the unlocked position ?
Is this true ?? where is the dang buzzer located I have looked into my dash but it really must be hidden ! how do you unplug it
I believe the dinger is integrated into the fuse box, there's no getting rid of it. I saw that somewhere one time but cant remember where...

As far as the locks; when I did mine what happens is that when I lock the doors with the door switch, the driver's door will automatically unlock (I'm assuming this is to prevent you from locking your keys in, since you pull the wire the truck probably thinks the keys are still in the ignition). Simply push the driver's door lock manually and it will stay locked. Also, the electronic key fob still works as it should as well.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 AM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
My dad definiatly cut that wire in his truck to make the dinger go away. I didnt touch mine but that worked for him.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Im not sure if we can do this on our trucks, but a friend of mine has a Tundra and found on a forum how to turn the volume down on the door dinger. That would be nice. Not loud but still there to let you know the keys are still in the ign. and would take care of the problem they were talking about with the door locks unlocking when you lock them.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:16 PM

Just a thought, Why not slice open the conduit it is in, so that you have more of it exposed, then cut it about 2-3" away from the connector, that way if you ever want it back you could put on a butt connector, or some m/f spade/bullet connectors? If you do spade/bullet connectors, you could connect or disconnect as you please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.