Radio and windows dont work - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Radio and windows dont work

Every once in a while, when I first start my truck (05 F350 Utility Body) the radio and power windows dont work. After about a minute with no rhyme or reason, they work again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 AM
SoCal-F350 6.0

I am having the same problem.

My 05 F350 6.0 Powerstroke radio and power windows willl not activate for sometimes 3-5 minutes depending on the outside temp. Then walla. This happens only when the outside temp is under 50 F. I'm searching for an answer too.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a 05 Superduty that has a similar problem except my windows and radio and lighting stopped working completely, and have been for some time. I had a blown # 42 fuse and whenever i tried replacing it the fuse blew immediatly upon making contact. This happened even with the ignition turned off. My truck is currently at the ford dealership getting the problemed fixed. Supposedly in my case it was a bad instrument cluster that all three of these systems ground through. I had them order the new cluster ($540) and they should be installing it and have the truck ready to be picked up this evening. We shall see......
Old 03-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Cool, let me know what happens at the dealership. I think my assumption was that it was the GEM module under the dash. I heard the windshileds leak a little tiny bit that drips directly on it.?? Who knows though. Good luck
Old 03-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Correction it is the # 41 fuse, I hit the wrong button. I went to pick the truck up at 5 like instructed by the guy at the service counter and apparently even after replacing the gauge cluster it is still blowing the fuse instantly. He assures me that whatever the problem is that it did fry my gauge cluster and i needed a new one although every gauge and all lights work. I'm not a electronics guru by any means and kinda feel like i may have spent a lot of money on a part I didn't need. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated..... Truck should be done tomorrow tho
Old 03-19-2011, 06:31 AM

i had a friend who just got his fixed, his windows and radio wouldnt work at all, he took his truck in to ford and they found two bad grounds that was causing them not to work, not sure if this is your problems but its a possibility
Old 03-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

A few years ago I had the same problem, radio and windows quit completely and the fuse would just blow when I would replace it.

It took the dealer 2 days to track down the problem, it was a shorted out dome light wire in the ceiling.
The radio, windows, and interior lights are all on the same circuit for the delay system when you shut off the truck.

So for those of you that have the problem just temporarily, find out which relay controls the delay feature and check it!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I too have Some weird things going on with my truck... Usually when I start it after it sat for awhile.. The instument cluster, dome light, radio, and pwer windows loose connection/communication? and there is times the #2 and #8 injectors give codes p0266, 0284...? runs real rough no pwer if in park and the issue at hand comes into play,, when in gear and driving , no power loss or injector miss? also a code of p115 = short Vpwr in harness of H025-21 switch? code U 0155 IPC intstrument panel cluster controle module lost communication code? one night i came home .. the headlights wouldent turn off with the key out of the ingnition and switch was to the auto daytime running position,, normally they would go out after 10 sec. or so?? NOT

The issue comes and goes driving or idling.. usually when it decides to work after 2 cylces of everything working and then not it all comes back and stays working until I turn off the engine. I hate to restart it agian cuz I have the same issues all over agian.

Has anybody heard of such a thing? And could a bad Gem module do this kind of stuff thats happening? or is this more of a bad ground/wire? or fuse issue?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplander View Post
I too have Some weird things going on with my truck... Usually when I start it after it sat for awhile.. The instument cluster, dome light, radio, and pwer windows loose connection/communication? and there is times the #2 and #8 injectors give codes p0266, 0284...? runs real rough no pwer if in park and the issue at hand comes into play,, when in gear and driving , no power loss or injector miss? also a code of p115 = short Vpwr in harness of H025-21 switch? code U 0155 IPC intstrument panel cluster controle module lost communication code? one night i came home .. the headlights wouldent turn off with the key out of the ingnition and switch was to the auto daytime running position,, normally they would go out after 10 sec. or so?? NOT

The issue comes and goes driving or idling.. usually when it decides to work after 2 cylces of everything working and then not it all comes back and stays working until I turn off the engine. I hate to restart it agian cuz I have the same issues all over agian.

Has anybody heard of such a thing? And could a bad Gem module do this kind of stuff thats happening? or is this more of a bad ground/wire? or fuse issue?
Mine has all the same as yours except just the U155 code
Old 05-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I ve been told a bad ingintion switch could be the problem or a bad wire to the FICM? or possibly need a GEM module? I am at my witts end with this truck.. Not kind to me since headgaskets, egr delete, 2,4,6,8, injectors replaced, different remaned FICM installed, a new battery , a rebuilt Altenator,new ball joints...I BET I FORGOT A FEW ITEMS to many to list..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.