Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

please help

850 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  obsidian 
#1 ·
ok here is the problem,

i have an 03 crew cab

the dash light indicator for door ajar is on and my dome light wont go out.

if the truck is running the dome light goes out, but when i open a door it does not come on.

if i shut the truck off the dome light come on, but will not go out when i shut the doors.

all doors have been checked and closed, the roller switch that activates the dome light is in the correct position..

yet the door ajar light on the dash is still on and the truck thinks a door is open.

anyone have any ideas??

thanks

#3 ·
Spray some WD-40 in the door all over the latch. Then open/close it a few times and you will be good to go.
I had a 00 that did the same thing...

#4 ·
thanks! i will give that a try tomorrow.

I figured it had something to do with the door switch, but i couldn't find them, without ripping apart the door trim, and wanted to ask here first before i tor into anything.

#5 ·
This place is great isn't it?? Just shoot some inside the latch and work it a bit. Should be back to normal within seconds..

#8 ·
I will have to try this. My lights just don't come on all the time. It fluctuates with coming on/not coming on. Weird.

WD-40 here I come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.