Brand new Pioneer head unit stopped working - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brand new Pioneer head unit stopped working

I have a Pioneer AVH P3200DVD I just bought two weeks ago, it's been working great, i have it hooked up to my stock speakers and a kenwood amp pushing a kenwood 12. I bought a 21" flip down screen for the back seat earlier today, mounted the screen, but hadnt even begun to wire anything. i decided to run down the street to the gas station to grab a drink before i took off my dash and began to wire up the tv. strangest thing, the radio wouldnt turn on, and the amp had no power either. it has to be a problem with the head unit or one of its power/remote/ground wires, but everything i looked at seemed fine. i unplugged the remote wire on my amp and ran a dummy wire from the amp power to the amp remote and the amp turned on, which leads me right back to the remote wire on the head unit. i dont own a voltage meter, nor do i really have the cash to get one. Has anybody else had this problem? what can i do to fix it? also, on the tv, the power wires for it are a solid red and a red/black wire. I'm assuming red/black gets grounded, and the solid red goes to power, but what would be a good power wire to connect to? ive heard hooking it to the batt wire from the head unit is bad news. any form of help would be nice as time is on my side, money not so much, and i'd like to knock this little install out, but im hesitant to finish hooking up the flip down until i can figure this out.

PS even tried unhooking the amp remote wire from the head unit remote wire, still nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

check the fuse under the dash for the radio it may have blown or the fuse for the double din went bad. This happened to me after i installed mine i had the wrong size fuse in it.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Did you reset the CPU in the head unit? Should be very tiny hole in the upper left corner by the cd slot. How did you splice the head unit pigtail to the aftermarket pigtail to plug into the truck harness?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Found it, daylight really helped lol. It was a fuse, just not one I had expected, I think it was my fuel pump fuse, number 40 or 42. Really glad it was something that small, I was thinking it was shorted at first, but this morning I looked at the fuse box again when my windows wouldn't roll down either. Finished the install of the flip down tv, but now of course the video output plug doesn't work on the back of the head unit. I called the shop, they said they'd replace it so no big deal, thank for the replies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.