DVD installed, sounds great, parking brake buzzer does not!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DVD installed, sounds great, parking brake buzzer does not!!

I need help!! I am computer challenged and spent 2 hours trying to find out how to killer the parking brake buzzer. I can not even figure out where it is under the dash at this point. . I disabled all the other chimes a few years back when i bought the truck (2005 Yellow crewcab short bed 4x4) The day after i bought the truck 2 or so years ago i installed a 6 channel JL amp, 10 inch JL sub in a custom box (It may be a 12 inch sub, i cannot remember) , infinity speakers front and rear. I did not change the factory radio out. I liked the 6 disc changer in the dash. Last year i bought my son a AVH-P5000DVD player, alpine amps for his SRT4. A few months back a woman blew thru a red light and totaled the car. I bought the car back and removed all the audo equiptment. It had just been sitting since we did not put it in his new truck.

I got around to installing the DVD player yesterday. This is a flip out unit. I guess that is the reason i took so long to install it. All is great except the parking brake buzzer. I installed a toggle switch to by pass the parking brake, the video works fine in motion but the chimming is irratating. The parking light icon stays on in the dash, anyway to by pass that?

The DVD player is not that big a deal to me but the rest of the family wants to watch movies on the go without the chimming. Help needed.

TO THOSE that know electronics-
I have a 6 channel JL A6450 amp in my truck now, i have a Alpine 2 channel 650?? and a 4 channel 750?? amp just sitting here. Would there be any advantage to swapping out the JL amp and using these?

I am almost 50 years old, i already miss the 6 disc changer, i want to buy a 12 disc pioneer changer but the car toys and best buy said just do the ipod thing. I have never dealt with an ipod but can get my son to load it or what ever you do. Would you go ipod or changer?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm 49. I bought a Radio/CD/MP3 Player for my truck with a USB port. It's the coolest thing. I just put all of my music in MP3 or Windows Media format on a 4gb thumb drive. It will hold all of my favorite cd's. I could get a 8gb and probably put all of my CD's on it but I just split up rock and country between two 2gb's. Best $150 I have ever spent and thumb drives are cheap. Also you dont have to carry around all of those cd's and they don't get scratched up because they're safe and sound at home. Anyway, I would go ipod, basically the same as what I have with the usb except it can go portable.

Last edited by Mudguts; 10-25-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I bought one of these when I installed my AVH-P4100DVD and it works great. No problems with any chiming or lights on.

PIONEER VIDEO BYPASS LOCKOUT AVH-P5000DVD AVH-P5700DVD - eBay (item 380254887485 end time Oct-26-10 20:17:14 PDT)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.