Help. Interior Lights stay on - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Help. Interior Lights stay on

ok so i was trying to find a key hot wire so i could run a little pump on and i was wondering if anyone knows where to get a wiring diagram for the 2006 f350. the interior lights stay on. i can lock the doors and they still stay on. the truck now honks twice when i locked the doors from the key fob. i tried to use a light blue and red on the bottom of the fuse panel. i unbolted the fuse panel from the frame and then ahve been working from behind. so i tried to splice into that light blue and redwire. it looked like that wire just came out of the connector and then went back in to the connector like to connect two parts on the fuse box. and then i thought that caused it so i removed the wire from the splice and left to splice in there. then i worked on the top where there is a 12ga. wire that is light blue with black and tried to splice into then stopped. but if i remove this connector from the fuse box the lights go off. it has four wires on top side of the connector and two on the bottom. the fuse box has three pins on the bottom and four on the top. dont know whats going on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 03:35 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ok so I was trying to find a place to hook up my coolant pump. I originally had it hooked up to the white/blue wire right behind the OBD II connector. well i also had three other things hoooked up from there and was blowing the fuse and then the V3 was not seeing the truck was running.

So I was in search for a Keyed on Live wire. well i decided to pull the fuse box in the cab and start pulling the connectors that go into the back. then taking a test light and with the key off finding a dead contact, then turning the key on and finding the new liv e contact.

well i found two and i was going to try and use them. first one was in this pic it is the blue/black wire in the back it is like a 12 ga wire. well it was a keyed on source. so i was thining of splicing into this wire when i had it pulled from the fuse box. and started to splice and then realized i only had a red splice and needed a yellow due to the bigger wire. so i didnt splice and put the connector back in.

then i found a blue/red wire that is a jumper for a keyed on to another contact on the fuse block. and so i decided to splice into this wire. so put the splice in and ran it to the coolant pump

in all of this i noticed:

Interior front/rear map lights stay on all the time no matter if doors are open or shut. if i pull the grey connector in the front of the fuse box the light will go out.

also noticed that my dash lights flicker and are not steady.

saw that when ever i turned the lights on the guages on the dash lit up then when i took them to off the greean backlight goes out then soon after the red needle light goes out.

noticed that my horn now honks twice when i hit lock on the key fob

also when i take out the front far left black connector that all the lights in the dash go out. so that must be the power connector for the dash.

so big questions. does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2006 f350 cc 6.0L truck. and has anyone ever had anything happen like this before.

i know the interior lights are on a time delay relay dont know where that it and how the heck does our trucks know our doors are open???

show the grey connector that if pulled out the interior lights go out

the colors of wires you can see the one i tried to start splicing

the connector on the left is that one that secures power to the radio and dash

what is that purple ffemale connector for. it has contacts in there but no connector to it. have two ones like that
Old 09-26-2010, 10:08 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
maybe u turned you dimmer switch up to much, that turns on your interior lights just turn down the dimmer til it clicks and they should go off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.