How do you take out the stock cd player? Mine comes out when pull on dash bezel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How do you take out the stock cd player? Mine comes out when pull on dash bezel

How do you take out the stock cd player? Mine comes out when pull on dash bezel...That cant be right! The bezel wont stay all the way closed so i need to fix it. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2010, 09:26 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What year?
Old 06-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
If the radio comes out with the bezel then it is either an 03 or an 04. That being said it requires "Ford Radio Removal Keys" which can be found anywhere that sells any kind of mobile audio stuff to include most parts houses.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:31 AM

Oh ya, 2004. Thanks guys.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:55 AM

OK got the puller pieces from ford, but it still wont come out. How do these things actually work? Should i move then a certain way when there in for what?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
insert then (you should feel them click in) then move then the the outside of the radio like you were trying to pry out the radio and kind a pull if you will. I sometimes do them one side at a time especially if it has a tape player. I stick my hand in the tape player and insert the key, move towards the outside of the radio and give a little tug. Trick is to not let the side you already have released pop back in while doing the other side. If the keepers are already jacked up you dont have a choice but to remove the dash with the radio in it. It can be dint but its not fun and feels like you might break something. Hope this helps.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Griz 44 Send a message via Yahoo to Griz 44 Send a message via Skype™ to Griz 44
Along the same lines with 2006 king ranch

CD player quit working a year after I got it. Not under warrenty. How do I remove the darn thing.

Thanks
Griz
Old 07-02-2010, 08:44 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I assume you are asking about on your '06 so here it is:

Remove the whole dash piece around the stereo, climate control, and gauges. It's just held on by quite a few clips. Start pulling at it gently and it will come off. It's quite a large piece but just keep working your fingers around it until all the tabs are popped out. (To make it easier I put my trans in 1st (parking brake set) and unplugged the headlight harness. It allows the dash piece to be moved around for easier access to the stereo.) Once it's off you will see the stereo is held in by 4 8mm (i think) screws. Take them out, unplug the stereo and you're good to go.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to Griz 44 Send a message via Yahoo to Griz 44 Send a message via Skype™ to Griz 44
Thumbs up thanks rr

I will definitely give it a shot. Thanks , it is really cool that someone before has already tried something that you need or want to so.

Griz
Old 07-06-2010, 07:21 PM

It worked and it works

RR, thanks for the info. You are right, that is a rather large piece of plastic. Did what you said and the trim came right off no problems. Lots of wire bundles to disconnect. I found it easier to disconnect the wire bundles to the headlights, pedal adjustment switch, 4x4 selector group, power point connectors, by first pushing the switch assemblies from inside out so you can get to them easier. It took a little frustration first to know that this was possible. Anyway, took the cd player out, blew some air on it , checked for any drive bands that may have come off etc. Couldn't visually see anything wrong with it. Slapped it back together and what do ya know, it works again! Must have been caught in a weird loop or something.
Thanks again

Griz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.