shaker system - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
shaker system

ok so i just got a new truck. is there any benifit in swapping to a shaker 500 or 1000 stereo? can you install the factory sub? how much of a pain in the rear is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 08:53 PM

btw the new truck is not the one in the sig.. its is a 2006 lariat with steering wheel controls.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:49 PM

i dont know how much of a pain it would be to intergrate all that factory stuff into the truck. did they even come with the shaker systems? do you have the stuff already? if you dont i would recommend just going aftermarket. will sound a lot better, and could be cheaper depending where you get all the factory stuff.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:59 PM

I have foud a few shaker cd players for 45-75 bucks. They are 6 disc mp3 players and as far as I know there isn't a cheap decent aftermarket 6 disc mp3 player. Along with that I'd have to get a $50 widget to make the steering wheel controls work if I went aftermarket. So theroretically for about $100 (with out selling mine that is in the truck) bucks ill have a 6disc mp3 player that won't draw attention to theives and will work with my factory stuff. I just can't find any info on adding the factory sub to a truck without one. I don't really want to do the snow ball effect of new deck $$$ blown factory speaker (or crappy sound with new deck) so new speakers $$$ now I need a amp and a sub $$$. I was thinking if I find one cheap (factory sub) and it isn't a nightmare to install it would compliment the system. The shaker 500 in my gt mustang is more than adequate for that car and sounds better than my truck.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:43 PM

that is understandable, but i really dont think our trucks had the option on that stereo. i cant say for sure if the 6 disk changer will plug in or if there are different harnesses. i think it will be tough to find a factory sub system (if even possible), unless you got one out of a mustang or something and made it work. you could always get a cheap 8'' sub, get a box built and get a small amp. run a LOC and keep the factory deck. IMO that would be the easiest while still being pretty damn cheap. guarntee it will sound better also...
Old 06-15-2010, 03:22 AM
Premium Member

I installed the Shaker 500 head unit in my truck. Did not install the subs/amps. When I bought my truck someone had installed a single din bright blue cd player. hated it.... was very distracting at night. Found a Shaker head unit on ebay for cheap. It plugs right up and the steering wheel controls work. The only thing I had to do to the head unit was relocate the mounting tabs on the radio itself. It was easy to do. Don't know if you can get the subs squeezed behind the seat. Everyone is pretty much using the slim subs and a box from SPL2K. I'm sure it is possible though. Post up some pics when you do it..
Old 06-19-2010, 12:02 PM

K so thursday a local guy posted a shaker500 deck for sale. Picked it up for $50. Did some research and the dash just snaps on so I today I pulled the dash apart and started matching them up. The mounting of the mustang unit is different then the super duty. The brackets will need to be moved. Along with this the super duty brackets need to be used and some short sheet metal screws to attach them. Over all pretty straight forward swap. Btw steering wheel controls work still which is what I was shooting for. It was plug and play for the electronics and a little mod work for mounting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.