Headrest Monitors - NOTHING TOO IT!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 03:51 AM
SC Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Headrest Monitors - NOTHING TOO IT!!!

That is after sitting for an hour thinking about how the wife's going to kill me when I tell her I have to buy a new set of leathers!!! Seriously, took about 3 hours total and that includes painting them too.

Bought a set of head rest monitors already installed from Amazon. $75 each. Then took them apart, painted and remounted in my seats. Turned out OK I believe....

Link to item at Amazon...
Amazon.com: Roadview RHS-7.0G 7-Inch Universal Headrest Monitor (Gray): Electronics Amazon.com: Roadview RHS-7.0G 7-Inch Universal Headrest Monitor (Gray): Electronics

Before...

HOLE...

After...

Thoughts??

Last edited by Rattler-FX4; 05-19-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 05:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

thats sweet, you should do a writeup on it. I want to do that to my EX
Old 05-19-2010, 05:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That looks really good. How did you mount it onto the seat?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:22 AM

yeah describe the process of installing them. that came out super clean IMHO. well done. let us know what kind of head unit you're using to run the video?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:39 PM
SC Premium Member

Thanks guys. In the 2nd photo, in the top of each corner, you can barley make out the brass inserts. The front panel screws into these and are covered by the small rubber hole plugs that were also painted to match. I used a can of 3M spray adhesive to hold down the leather tabs and with the front screwing on, it also helps hold the leather in place. The head unit is the new Pioneer DVH3200. Running street wires Series 7 y-video cable, 11 foot is plenty, and the output from them looks really good. Especially with their price. The boys sure love them!!!

I started by simply punching a hole in the middle of the seat with a pencil. That was my "NO GOING BACK" move. I then positioned the black inner bracket where I thought it would go. I actually got lucky in that when I did the driver side, I actually started my cut a little higher. But as soon as I saw that the metal frame cut-out (photo #3) was about the same as the inner bracket mounting tabs, I put to rest my real only fear - how to make sure they were just about perfectly spaced so they were a mirror install. Worked out well with this brand of monitors. Cheap brand, but as I said above, they look really good and I'm not hard to please with electronics.

I had to trim about an inch of the foam on each side so the inner bracket fit smoothly but left enough so it was snug. The top of the passenger side had to have a "trim" but not much more than a 1/4". Trimmed out all the plastic wrap they put on the seat to ease on installing the leathers and then pulled the wire down the back, mounted the LCD's and took a few pictures.

On this brand of monitors, the brackets bottom mounting tabs have about a 1/2 spacer tab already installed on the back to "level" the monitor when the seats are reclined in a normal manner.

The paint for an '06 Lariat is Dupi-color's Med Gray Vinyl Spray. About 5 light coats worked very well after lightly rubbing them with 000 steel wool and a quick rub down with iso#70 alcohol.

The rest of my system is an Alpine PDX-5 (spec'ed at 112X4 + 410 X1), Polk 6-3/4 dB's all around (for now), 4 Rockford P1S48's in 4 ohm mono, in my box , and was auto eq'ed with Pioneer's CD-MC20 EQ Microphone. That was well worth $25 bucks from Amazon!!!

Glad this might help some!!!

Last edited by Rattler-FX4; 05-19-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:09 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Any pics of them on with the headunit playing in the background?
Old 05-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Does the second picture have the bracket from the monitor installed or is that what is inside the seat when you cut it?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:37 PM

that looks awesome man! now im going to have to get some....
Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 PM

another thing to do added to my list!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:16 PM

Those look great. wona do mine next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.