Sound System - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sound System

I decided its time I get my self a better sound system, I listen to every kind of music imaginable. Some bands i listen to havent even been invented yet. I would like to do a full Pioneer system, but im open to suggestions.

So heres my idea start with a Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD head unit, and since I have a Zune theres a way to hook up the home av dock to the AV input and control it with a remote so I want to do that.

Then upgrade to 6x9 300w 3way door speakers if thats possible, the Pioneer TS-A6972R to be exact. I'll run those off a 4-channel Pioneer GM-4300F amp.

Last Ill build my own box to go behind the 60 portion of the rear bench and run a Pioneer TS-SW301 12" 1000w sub (Im thinking about dropping it to a 10 though) powered by a Pioneer GM-D7400M 800W mono amp. Ill take out the metal trays under the seat so I can mount the amps to the bottom part of the bench so if I need to put anything big in the cab I still have that option.

Let me know how that sounds to all you sound gurus, also vendor and people selling their stuff feel free to PM a price on the full system or parts. Ill be selling my full stock system in the for sale section so let me know if you want anything from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 02:49 PM

I've got a suggestion for your sub. Check out Stereo Integrity | Home, the BM MKIII to be specific. It's a 12" sub that only needs 3.5" of mounting depth and a very tiny .5 ft3 enclosure. I've got one in my CC behind the 40 part of the split rear seat and it is amazing! I had tried an Elemental Designs SQ10, but it blew up after about 10 months. I know you said you'd like all Pioneer, but the SI subs are worth a look IMO.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:17 PM

Check out my stereo photo album for another idea for mounting the amps.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnscoutr View Post
Check out my stereo photo album for another idea for mounting the amps.
No photos are in your queue
Old 04-13-2010, 08:44 PM
SC Premium Member

Got the 3200DVD and I love it. Does what I need for the front and as soon as I get around to finishing the head-rest monitors, will also do what the boys want in the back.

Full Pioneer is completely fine and you might want to take the easy way out and check out SPL2K's site (superduty112) site on his enclosures. Been said many times here as many guys, and ladies, have it.

I've "heard" of people putting 6x9's in the front, but Ford really didn't leave much room in the depth department. Why not step up and go with a 6-3/4" set of Pioneer components in the front and 6/8's in the back? Pioneer's PREMIER line is pretty good as well.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:52 AM

Ive built quite a few sub boxes for friends before so thats why im building my own, I just cant justify paying 250 for something i can do for 50 in materials.

Thanks for all the suggestions I think im going to do the component speakers in the front and rear. The reason behind doing all pioneer stuff is so it all works well together.

Anyone got any amp suggestions?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:12 AM
SC Premium Member

Alpine PDX-5. Running that in mine and it's an awesome amp. 10"x9"x2". Listed at 75x4 + 300x1 but the birth certificate (from Alpine) benched an RMS of 127X4 + 412X1.

Amazon's got it for the best $$$ and I've bought from this dealer before. You won't be sorry!!! Fit's perfectly under the passenger side rear seat. When I'm back in tonight I'll post a quick shot back here of it.

Amazon.com: Alpine PDX-5 - Amplifier - 5-channel: Electronics Amazon.com: Alpine PDX-5 - Amplifier - 5-channel: Electronics
Old 04-23-2010, 10:28 PM

I got the Headunit installed and the truck already sounds about 60x better. Now I just need to decide to install components or a sub next.

What is the difference between a 2 and 4ohm sub?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.