2005-2007 Key less Code Retrieval - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
2005-2007 Key less Code Retrieval

Location of Keyless Code on Computer Module of Ford F250 Superduty ( 2005 - 2007 )

Finding this code seems to be a common problem, so, here is a better answer to save you the time I spent locating the sticker on the computer module that shows the keyless entry code.

Mine is a 2005 F250 Lariat Superduty. The computer module is mounted high on the firewall approximately behind the a/c fan speed control knob. Here is how to find it / get to it:

1. Remove the large cover under the steering column that covers the fuse block. You'll need to reach in under the dash, with your left arm, to the right of the steering column and left of center to move stuff to get a clear view.

2. Open the storage pocket door on the lower edge of the dash (right of the steering column) and squeeze the back side of the storage pocket to allow the stops to pass to the front. This will allow the opening to be clear to see the computer module up in the dash. Shine your flash light through this opening.

3. Move the first piece of white insulation to the side to see the firewall. Look up through the pocket door, moving the wiring harnesses and white hose aside if necessary. You'll find a second white insulation wrapped snugly across the computer module. When you push the insulation up to see the black module with a white sticker on it, There will be three connectors facing down (green, gray and black i think) you see the 5 digit number printed up-side-down in black on the white sticker. This is your keyless entry code.

Instructions for Programming Keyless Entry Code Copied from the 2007 Owner's Manual

KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM (IF EQUIPPED)

You can use the keyless entry keypad to lock or unlock the doors without using a key.

The keypad can be operated with the factory set 5–digit entry code; this code is located on the owner’s wallet card in the glove box, is marked on the computer module, and is available from your authorized dealer. You can also create your own 5–digit personal entry code.

When pressing the controls on the keypad, press the middle of the controls to ensure a good activation.

Programming a personal entry code

To create your own personal entry code:

1. Enter the factory set code. The driver door will unlock.

2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.

3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered
within five seconds of each other.

4. The doors will lock then unlock to confirm that your personal keycode
has been programmed into the module.

Tips:

• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.

• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.

Good Luck - this worked easily for me!
Stiles likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MPTonyT For This Useful Post:
IowaDiesel (02-24-2014), Stiles (03-01-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not sure if it is the same, but I had a '05 Explorer with the keypad and asking a dealer the what if I lost the card question and was told there is a label somewhere on the vehicle. On the Explorer is was above the left rear (center Row) headliner.

Not sure if if it was true or not.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Air Assault!!

My sister-n-law has an 05 Mountaineer and hers was behind the C pillar on the keyless module.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:29 AM

I know some may consider it poor form to resurrect an old thread, but this one just saved me $50 and it seems to be a rather common question, so I thought I'd add a little bit.

The way MPTony describes to get to the keyless code is absolutely the easiest and fastest and cheapest way to get it. I had tried all other contorted positions with mirrors & lights, but all with no luck. Using the method outlined above, I had my code within 2 minutes. I too pulled the brake controller to get a little more access. The real key to this is body position. I was laying across the driver's floor on my back, feet out the door. Right arm up under the dash moving stuff, left hand holding a flashlight, face looking up through the brake controller hole. Easy as pie.

Thanks for the original post.

-Hemicbx
Old 12-06-2010, 06:59 AM
Air Assault!!

Glad i could help and save a fellow stroker a few bucks!!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

my code didn't reset my door...?
Old 12-10-2010, 04:12 PM

bdavis,
Not sure I follow. The code is the 5 digit sequence to unlock the truck. Did it work to unlock the doors?

The can have 2 codes to unlock it 1) the factory code 2) the personalized code. The factory code should always work to unlock the doors. The truck may or may not have a personalized code. You can clear any personalized code from the prior owner that might be in there and enter your own by following these instructions:

Erasing personal code
1. Enter the factory set 5–digit code.
2. Within five seconds, press the 1 • 2 on the keypad and release.
3. Press and hold the 1 • 2 for two seconds. This must be done within
five seconds of completing Step 2.
Your personal code is now erased and only the factory set 5–digit code
will work.

After doing that, use the instructions MPTony gave above to set a personal code.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What is the location of the code for the 2004 model year trucks? Is it in the same place? Thanks.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Smile It Worked

Thanks for the help. I did what you said and it worked. It saved me from going to the dealership and spending money.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info i also found mine with no problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.