Pioneer AVH4100DVD Problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pioneer AVH4100DVD Problem

Guys/gals I seariously need some help here. I am becoming frustrated and need to find out if what I am doing is right or wrong.

I just installed a AVH-P4100DVD in my truck. I found the instructions to bypass the DVD safety where I used a relay and tied in the E-brake wire (LT GRN), the remote wire(WHT/BLU) and ground. Additionally, I installed a Boyo back up camera.

Problem #1:
I was unable to get the back up camera to work on my HU, but realized that the "gear" wire had to be hooked up so that when the vehicle is in reverse the camera video will be displayed on the HU. So I am assuming it is safe to say that if 12v is connected to the "gear" lead the camera should function. I did this as a test and viola I got a picture. So I disconnect my temporary 12v wire and I was going to figure out where in the heck the Reverse hot lead is. However, this is where my problems began. Even with the "gear" lead completely disconnected I still get a video image from the back up camera on the HU. Oh, but that's not it. While I am listening to either radio, satellite or a CD the back up image will just appear for no reason. Sure I can touch the screen and it goes away, but less than 30 seconds later the back up camera screen reappears. Now mind you there is NOTHING connected to the "gear" lead. I have to go in to the settings and turn off the camera to keep this from happening.

What is going on? Did I do something wrong or am I forgetting something?

Problem #2:
As I mentioned above I install a relay to bypass the safety function of the DVD player from a VIDEO on Youtube. But when I put in a DVD all I get is the sound and no video. I am assuming the E-brake wire (lt grn) has to be grounded, but what happens if you connect 12v to is? Am I doing something wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2010, 09:09 PM

I dont know about problem #1 but on my JVC I was getting sound but no video and all I had to do was push the display button. Maybe something a little more in depth but might be it.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:39 AM

No body has any experience with this?
Old 01-25-2010, 11:09 PM

You have the rca cable from the back up camera plugged into the auxilary input on the back of the radio instead of the "back up camera" input.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:18 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Check out avic411.com, lots of info there.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL2K View Post
You have the rca cable from the back up camera plugged into the auxilary input on the back of the radio instead of the "back up camera" input.
No, have it in the back up connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanea View Post
Check out avic411.com, lots of info there.
Did that and there is nothing but older information.

However, I might have found out some answers to my problem.

Back up camera:

In the "source" screen of the HU there is a "Rear View" button in the upper right hand corner. If you select that you have to push it again or the back up camera will continue to come on after 8 seconds.

DVD play back:

The E-brake wire has to be grounded while or after the movie is playing. So having a relay wired in is not going to work since the relay is activated once the HU is turned on. So the only option I can think of is a switch installed grounding the E-brake wire once you start playing a movie.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkidd View Post
The E-brake wire has to be grounded while or after the movie is playing. So having a relay wired in is not going to work since the relay is activated once the HU is turned on. So the only option I can think of is a switch installed grounding the E-brake wire once you start playing a movie.
the "rear view" setting was my next guess.

the bypass relay that you installed "is" grounding the e brake wire when the head unit is on. The relay is trigered by the remote wire and sends ground to the e brake wire.

85 ground
87 ground
86 remote wire (blu/wht)
30 ebrake (lt green)
Old 01-26-2010, 09:00 AM

On my f700bt the parking brake wire had to be moved to a different slot and then I believe grounded or 12v.I dont remember for sure but I searched here and av1c.com to find a clear pic.Search av1c f700bt and you should find it.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGMAN893 View Post
On my f700bt the parking brake wire had to be moved to a different slot and then I believe grounded or 12v.I dont remember for sure but I searched here and av1c.com to find a clear pic.Search av1c f700bt and you should find it.
thats only on the bt's, the avics, and a few of the n's.

The avh line is different.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL2K View Post
the "rear view" setting was my next guess.

the bypass relay that you installed "is" grounding the e brake wire when the head unit is on. The relay is trigered by the remote wire and sends ground to the e brake wire.

85 ground
87 ground
86 remote wire (blu/wht)
30 ebrake (lt green)
Thanks, for replying and helping me out. I called Pioneer and he said that the HU's E-brake wire has to be grounded after the DVD has begun to play. The relay grounds the E-brake wire just as soon as you turn on the radio. This might be something that Pioneer has changed in the newer version of this model. My radio was made in 11/09.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.