2008 CD/MP3 Player Swap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 CD/MP3 Player Swap

Does anyone know if i can take an MP3 player type head unit from an 08 Super Duty and put it in my 05, mostly just so i can rig up the aux input jack for my ipod. Unless someone knows another way to do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just buy an aftermarket deck that accepts audio in. I have this one here... JVC Mobile Entertainment \ Double DIN CD Receiver - KW-XG700 \ Introduction It has aux in, and USB input on the front. A lot of the newer models out now you can just use your actual ipod cable through the USB input (on mine, you can not) so that way you can still listen to your Ipod through digital sounds instead of downgrading to analog through the 1/8 audio jack. I do use the 1/8 audio jack on mine and cant really tell a difference in sound, but just so you know...

As far as getting one from an 08, I suppose its possible, but from what I've seen most of the different years have different plugs in back. I'd think you'd end up paying more for the 08 one than a nice aftermarket setup.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:40 AM

I'd love to make this work. I think it would be very nice to have a OEM style radio but upgraded. Just little things that Ford owners would appreciate.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:43 AM

I put a Pioneer D3 in. ipod connects to a plug in the back, and the touchscreen can be used to control the ipod, a lot easier than fumbling around and trying to see that itty bitty screen.

You should be able to pick up a D3 for around $500 these days, maybe a bit less. I paid $600 for mine two years ago.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitanicle99 View Post
I'd love to make this work. I think it would be very nice to have a OEM style radio but upgraded. Just little things that Ford owners would appreciate.
I understand, but I really enjoy my USB slot. Just put a few new CD's on a thumb drive and pop it in. Makes listening to music so much easier.

I am not sure by any means, but I highly doubt a player from an 08+ truck will simply clip right in to yours. It's possible, but I doubt it. I've swapped probably 10 different decks between my gf's families escapes. They have an 01, 02, 05, and an 06 hybrid. Only the 01 and the 02 share the same plugs for the decks, the others are both different. They all have aftermarket decks in them now with the exception of they hybrid as it has touchscreen nav factory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.