A/c Problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2005, 03:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question A/c Problems

Has Anyone Had Any Isssue With Your Heater Controls. I Think They Call It The Automatic Climate Controls. I Have Been Having My Display Go Blank And Nothing Works. The Dealership Has Checked It Out 2 Times And Have A Module Ordered. Mine Is A 2005 F-350 Crewcab Drw Xlt Lariat. Anybody Else Had Any Issues? Eventually It Will Start Back To Working, Usually After Starting Truck Two Or Three Times And Trying To Turn On And Off Several Times. THIS TRUCK IS IN THE KENTUCKY AREA . DON'T KNOIW IF IT MAKES A DIFFERNCE OR NOT. THANKS

Last edited by j4047; 09-11-2005 at 03:38 AM. Reason: STATE OF DELIVERY FOR VEHICLE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2005, 06:07 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Welcome j4047!
I don't have that option on my '05 so I can't help but I'm sure someone will chime in soon.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to turbotime Send a message via Skype™ to turbotime
ac probs

well, i have an older truck than yours, and this probobly is not the problem, but mine was doing something similar and it ended up being some wires that got kicked under the dash. You might want to double check all the connections in that area.

Just a thought, it can't hurt to check at least!
Old 11-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

heater problems

I too have problems with the heater being stuck in "defrost" mode. It stays there with the A/C on as well. I can hear the switch up front when selecting the various dials for floor/defrost/both etc., but does not change. Help?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

AC & Heat problems

also have had problems with heater twice now it has quit working and the next day it just starts working again .any ideas on what might be wrong ???:
Old 04-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Jon

I have

replaced many of those units.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:02 PM
LTJDS

A/C problems

06" SD F350
Defrost Fan stays on high when A/c turned off. and when the key is full forward ready for start.??????????
When eng running a/c control fan speed takes over and adjusts as set high to low. Called the Stealer..........they said that it was a "bower control module" ? called the stealer for a parts price and they could not identify the correct part out of 2. one is $70 bucks the other $293...
I'm confident I can pull the dash to replace it. I just don't want to get the wrong part. No return on electronics
Any fimiliarities or suggestions
Thanks yall
Old 05-15-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4047 View Post
Has Anyone Had Any Isssue With Your Heater Controls. I Think They Call It The Automatic Climate Controls. I Have Been Having My Display Go Blank And Nothing Works. The Dealership Has Checked It Out 2 Times And Have A Module Ordered. Mine Is A 2005 F-350 Crewcab Drw Xlt Lariat. Anybody Else Had Any Issues? Eventually It Will Start Back To Working, Usually After Starting Truck Two Or Three Times And Trying To Turn On And Off Several Times. THIS TRUCK IS IN THE KENTUCKY AREA . DON'T KNOIW IF IT MAKES A DIFFERNCE OR NOT. THANKS
I have an 05 F-250 CC Lariat. I have had the exact same problem that you tell of. It has only happened a couple of times. I have not done anything about it, but you are not the only one.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:11 PM

I've had the same problem twice on my xlt and it turned out to be a vacuum hose. I don't know if the lariats are the same but thats what my problem was.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:33 PM

Mine quit working today and has not started back. I checked the fuses but they were good. Did you all find out what was causing the problem? Hate to have to buy that unit probably lots of $$$. This is on my '05

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.