Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Edge Insight Users

5K views 41 replies 6 participants last post by  Goose350 
#1 ·
Okay, question for all of y'all that use the Insight. Is the "Module Volts" the voltage of the batteries, alternator, or what??

#4 ·
Its what the PCM is seeing from the Alternator. You should be seeing low volts 10.8-12.5 during GPCM cycle...approx 1-1.5 minutes...then 13.?and up. :thumb:

#9 ·
There may be some parasitic draw on amps from something before the pcm gets its reading from the alt?

#11 ·
I'm seeing between 13.4 and 14.2

#13 ·
Goose350....what are you seeing for RPMs at idle?

#15 ·
Thanks....exact same here. So we know that is probably not a sign...so what have you determined from your weak volts...is it your Alt? :dunno:

#17 ·
Keep me posted please...want to be prepared in case I see the same signs later down the road.

#21 ·
Goose...have the Torque converter slip PID up...what do you mean by "while it is locked"?

#19 ·
Haven't checked it...but I will and report my findings.

#20 ·
Goose...did you ever come up with the cause of your low voltage output?
Not yet. I pull the alternator off today but no one could test it:dunno: I got my batteries checked again today and they are good. Im going to pull the starter off tomorrow and have it checked

#23 ·
Goose...gotcha...I will check it on my next run. :thumb:

#25 ·
Will do. :thumb:

#27 ·
No problem.

Here's what I learned. At idle it stays right about 1000...under boost it goes down to as much as 650 (lowest I seen the PW)....sometimes it could go as high as 1200 depending on the TP and my speed....turns out the sweet spot is around 1000....at 65mph cruising and zero flucuation in TP...1000....at idle....1000....at 45 mph again with zero flucuationj in TP....1000. Looks like 1000 PW is optimum. Almost forgot....when coming out of the throttle TP backed off completely....0.0 PW , until I get back into the throttle while rolling. :thumb:

#29 ·
That is interesting....I wish I knew what the right answer is under medium to increasing throttle...again mine seemed to go as high as 1200-1250....but I'll check again on the next run. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.