Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Battery died days after accident

600 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mhatlen 
#1 ·
Hey all. So I was in an accident a bit ago, and one thing led to another. A low battery caused my FICM to malfunction which in turn damaged my injectors. I am currently waging war on the other parties insurance (Progressive) to get them to cover damages. We t-boned a vehicle (her fault) and there was driver side damage. Nothing too serious besides the transcooler being replaced. We ht going about 25-30 mph. There was no visible damage to the batteries that I saw. Here is my question. Can a battery be jarred enough during an accident to cause a cell to short and slowly die?

#2 ·
I've heard that the plates can come loose & short out with just rough dirt road driving, I can't prove it but I believe that is what happens to a Walmart brand battery, one was bad and the other was okay. And it does play havoc on the FICM & Injectors, you got to take care of a charging or battery problem with urgency.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Absolutely a battery can be damaged from a collision etc. Doesn't take a lot to distort things and only one cell has to go bad and its done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.