Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Anyone recommend a good loaded sub box to fit behind backseat?

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  villestrip 
#1 ·
2006 f-250 ccsb king ranch. Looking for a smaller single (or dual) sub box with included woofer that will fit behind the backseat without having to tear out carpets or cabin vent. Would also like to keep some storage back there for the jack. Looked at a few 12" and 10" sealed boxes by kicker and Rockford Fosgate but no reviews show whether they will fit my truck. Any of you have some reccos on what might work?

Thanks!

#4 ·
I've looked at theirs but wanted a single box that wasnt so big. Anyone use rockford fosgate punch loaded 12" box or one of the kicker wedge style loaded sub boxes? What I'm really looking to understand what box dimensions work- e.g. " My Box with height of X", D1 of Y", D2 of Z", and width of and width of ?" Fits fine without having to remove the cab vent just the package tray"

#7 ·
Kicker 10TC104 is the box and sub (I cant post links), but its on amazon and similar for $99. Paired with a fairly inexpensive Walmart amp it sounds pretty good for most music. Its not a rumble the ground around the truck kind of sound but plenty to rattle the windows and immerse you in just about any kind of music. Fits snugly behind the seat with little room to spare. If you really wanted to you could more than likely run 2 behind the seats in a crew cab

#8 ·
Have you looked at spl2k? I have the single 12" box. It said to remove cab vent, I didn't and it still fits. Jack is still in Stock location.

#13 ·
#14 · (Edited)
Well went with the single RF 12" p3 sub box. This box got very good reviews and actually Fits behind the seat (barely with the woofer surround pretty close to the seat back. Since I purchased and installed the protective grill it adds about 3/4" of depth. With the added width from the installed grill, it's a no go with the rear cab vent in place. Decided that either I needed to remove the vent or modify the box. Doing some reading, many recommended leaving the rear vents in place if possible. Due to this, I Chose to modify the enclosure to clear,the vent as well as added some sound filler in the box to gain back some box volume lost with the cutout. Took a few hours but Fits perfect now!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.