no trailer tail lights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 08:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no trailer tail lights

just hooked up my new to me truck (06 f350 crew lb 4x4) to a trailer i am borowing and the trailers tail and marker lights dont work, everything else works good. checked fuse under dash and was ok swapped it out anyway. i know the lights work because we hooked to another truck and everything is good. no juice to the pin at the rear plug for the marker lights. any help would be appreciated, because i need to go to lawrence, ks from ft. dodge, ia (approx 330 miles one way) tomorrow night. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i just replaced mine with a 6 plug in (fits all my trailors) because mine didnt work i suggest wiggling it around when its plugged in and see if they blind on and what not when i took mine off the wires were so crodded and gummy it wasnt gettinga good connection behind the plug check it out
Old 10-30-2009, 06:57 AM

Wait I'm now confused. You said you replaced the fuse for the trailer marker lights right? You said you have no power at the pin at the plug. Is that the plug at the back of the truck? Then you said that it works correctly on a different trailer???????? How is that? Or did I read it wrong?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:31 AM

he hooked the trailor up to another pickup and the lights worked fine is what im assuming and like i said i think the wires in back of the plug are so gummed up and crodded that the connection is bad take a look youll probably have to take the plug of and cut the tip of the wires off and then re hook it back up dont forget to clean your plug in the back also hope this helps
Old 10-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Check the fuse panel under the hood. One of them is blown.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Check the fuse panel under the hood. One of them is blown.
I agree same thing happened to my truck it was the fuse under the hood... dont go cutting wires until you check the fuse
Old 10-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
To clear up trailer light issues and confusion. On both the 7.3 and 6.0 superduty trucks there is a trailer light fuse in the dash panel. But there are also several trailer light fuses in the fuse panel under the hood. The trailer marker lights. Turn signals,brake lights and Brake controller circuits are all on different fuses.

Be sure to check all of the above before you go cutting and splicing.

Also for those of you with 6 pin connectors on trailers there are two variations of these as well. If your trailer brakes dont work swap the center pin wire and trailer brake wire around on your trailer then they will work
Old 10-30-2009, 12:04 PM

OK I did read it wrong. I thought he said they hooked that truck to a different trailer and they worked. I need to slow down my reading. On edit I just went out and looked at my 04. ALL the fuses are under dash on mine. Trailer park lights is fuse #38. Not sure if it will be the same on his truck because mine is a can n chassis truck. JJ

Last edited by Hardline; 10-30-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:39 PM

as far as we could tell it was somewhere in the dash. ended up running a new wire ( thanks nick) thanks for the rest of the replies.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
To clear up trailer light issues and confusion. On both the 7.3 and 6.0 superduty trucks there is a trailer light fuse in the dash panel. But there are also several trailer light fuses in the fuse panel under the hood. The trailer marker lights. Turn signals,brake lights and Brake controller circuits are all on different fuses.

Be sure to check all of the above before you go cutting and splicing.

Also for those of you with 6 pin connectors on trailers there are two variations of these as well. If your trailer brakes dont work swap the center pin wire and trailer brake wire around on your trailer then they will work
I dont have a diagram or anything would you know which fuse is the trailer light fuse? Cuz I have all but trailer lights and i really need to fix it by saturday....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.