Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

help with wire "dead ends" and trailer brakes please...

749 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  PSD150 
#1 ·
okay, so just got a chance to look over my new 03 F250 6.0 4x4 a little closer. while scouting out the connections for the trailer lights/brakes i noticed a few places with wire pigtails "dead ended", looks like factory with the ends sort of vulcanizing/sealed shut, pics...

the first pic is under the dash by the E-brake...
Untitled by boostdcoupe, on Flickr

second is under the hood by the brake master cyl...

ive got a brake controller ordered with whats supposed to be the plug n play pigtail that looks alot like this pigtail is under the dash near the trans tunnel, is this the one for the brake controller???

this is the brake controller setup i ordered...
Activator 4 5504 Trailer Brake Control for 94 12 Ford F150 F250 F350 F450 F550 | eBay

this one is underneath by the back bumper drivers side, i know one is the bed wiring plug, is the one with the blank plug for the trailer wiring?

and is this the correct termination for the trailer wiring, this stuff all looks correct, i just want to keep from buying the wrong stuff...
4 Pin 7 Pin Trailer Tow Wire Wiring Harness Kit 02 04 F 250 350 SD Brand New | eBay

sorry for the long post, just trying to give all the info needed.

See less See more
#2 ·
The underdash and underhood wires you found are just pass-through wires that Ford gave us to keep from having to drill holes in the firewall. I do not believe that they have any specific purpose other than that.

#3 ·
Hmm. Thats pretty cool, lights, winch remote, etc. i guess the previous owner didnt know that either, he ran a wire thru the firewall to the headlamp switch.

Anyone with info on the trailer connections?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.