Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Sub options

7K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  Corey@CNCFAB 
#1 ·
Looking for sub options for a 06 f350 crew cab, found some boxes want to hear some opinions
Triple 10s behind the seat, 2 10s behind the seat, 2 12s behind the seat, where's everyone put their amps? Thinking of also running an amp for the door speakers so need mounting locations for those. Under the rear seats? Pics of you got any,
Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
In my truck I had 2 10s in individual sealed boxes behind the rear seat (I have the power rear window). Im currently only running 1 right now as I had to send the other back for replacement (bad right out of the box!) and just haven't put it back in yet. I have 2 amps behind the rear seat as well mounted on the wall. 1 amp is for the subs and the other is for all the door speakers/tweeters. I think with these trucks the best option is to run subs behind the rear seat and have the amps either on the rear wall behind the seat or under the rear seat if you don't have any storage under it.

As far as what set up to go with that'll depend if your going for SQL or SPL. I went from 2 10" kenwood shallow mounts to (currently) 1 Sundown Audio SD-10 (like I said the other is sitting in the box waiting to go back in). This 1 sundown hits harder and is much more crisp and clear then the 2 kenwoods. Both are running off the same amp and similar settings. So it will just depend on what sound and thump you're looking for. Research is your best friend and theres plenty of knowledgable guys here to help.

#4 ·
I've got 2 12" behind the seat. Infinity shallows. Also have door speakers. I have door speaker amp under passenger seat and sub amp under drivers seat.

#5 ·
Mounted or just sitting on the floor?

#8 ·
That's exactly what I was thinking about doing lol. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Adjust keep in mind. If you get a name brand wiring kit with the heavy gauge wires. The 1 ot power wire is just barely long enough so make sure you plan your route before you cut it. I went from battery thru firewall buy steering column. Then ran on drivers side of tranny hump under carpet straight back to splitter that fed the 2 amps. There was absolutely no wire cut. It just made it. And also make sure your math is right if you run 3 subs. It will make for some funny ohm readings. Check out super crew sounds they have several different boxes that have places for amps.

#11 ·
I have 2 Memphis Audio 10" behind my rear seats. I have a 06 crew cab with the power rear window. I did move the seat forward 2 inches then built a custom box myself (Super easy to do).

The subs that I have
Amazon.com: 15-PR10D4V2 - Memphis Power Reference 10" DVC 4 ohm Subwoofer: Electronics

This is the box that I took dimensions off of to build mine. I just added 2" to the width of it.
http://www.amazon.com/Package-Super-Kicker-Subwoofer-Enclosure/dp/B00KJ135AM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1463156733&sr=1-1&keywords=2006+F350+sub+box

And this is where I got the adapters for the seat to move forward 2"
Shop Online

the back seat is still comfortable and still has plenty of room.

#13 ·
I run two J 12w7s (sealed) in a custom box I designed to replace my front center console/jump seat. I have four JL amps (two HD750/1s and two HD600/4s (and two crossovers) mounted on a custom rack that I made and mounted under the rear seat. My processor, Sirius tuner, HD Radio tuner, power distribution block, etc are mounted on the back wall (I made custom panels for that, too). I have a two fire extinguishers and two rechargeable Streamlights with extra batteries and charging bases - one mounted on each side of the back wall, as well. I also have a 1500 watt invertor mounted behind the rear passenger seat on the floor.

I'll try to post some pics soon.

#14 ·
I'm not very good at posting pics, so I hope this works.

Reactions: mhatlen
#16 ·
I would look at the sundown sd series. They have the specs on their site last time I checked.

#18 ·
What company? I know the SA series will be too deep but the SD series should fit without issues. What is the maximum mounting depth in the box your are looking at?

#20 ·
The SD3 10 is only 4.75" in depth.

#22 ·
They are looking for some dollars it sounds like to me. I would find a different and more straight forward place to get an enclosure.

#23 ·
My SD3's fit in my off the shelf boxes. Only issue I had was the opening was a little snug but after some sanding they fit perfectly fine. Has the shop you're talking to about making boxes even ever heard of Sundown Audio? I know a lot of shops around me hadn't, and only 1 or 2 had. And both of those shops were top notch super qualified and skilled shops. All the other shops just pushed rockford, JL, and kicker. (Not saying JL is bad, they are good subs, but theres other great quality subs out there as well) Quality shops know about all the subs and can steer you in the correct direction based on price and listening preference.

#25 ·
Ya, Id say SunDown is still a young company. but they do extremely well. my onld truck had an SA-12 D2 running at like 1200RMS in a ported box. It sounded like 2 12s or 3 10s. It was incredible what 1 sub could do. And it wasn't sloppy either. Very clear and precise. Im running my SD3 10" in a sealed box on an alpine 500rms amp and its amazing as well.

Their warranty service is top notch and very quick to reply. I had an issue with 1 of my current subs, I mailed it to them (Had to pay shipping unfortunately), but they replaced it no questions asked and free shipping on the replacement. These subs can take a lot more RMS then recommended and hold up great to the abuse. And they're priced very good for what they can do.

Ive run P1s and P2s. Kickers (had a buddy run L3s and L7s). JL W0 and W3's. I still like Sundown best. But again, it'll all come down to what you listen to, and what kind of boom you want. Loud and painful, or crisp and clear. Its just really all up to what you want

#26 · (Edited)
Here's another option for mounting amplifiers. I'm putting my subwoofers under the back seat. Have shallow mount JL (1) 12TW1-4 and (2) 10TW1/4 woofers. They are 5" deep so they will fit all the way across as long as you cut out the one high spot on floor dead center under rear seat. Which I did, I used plasma cutter and then welded a flat plate there. Now floor under rear seat is flat.
If a guy really wanted to you could cut out floor under rear seat and frame it down 4-5" then box it in with sheet metal. But for me was not necc.

More pics fellas..........

#27 ·
I went with 4 8" woofers ported.

#28 ·
What kind of amp is that? Looks expensive lol.
Very nice job.

Reactions: joshkoltes
#30 ·
s1202

Here is a shot of what I'm working on.

#31 ·
#32 ·
Mmmmmmmm.... Helix DSP Pro!!

#33 ·
LMAO I can't make this iPad do anything. Need to get my kids invoved I suppose.

#34 · (Edited)
Well this I can do. I have some shallow JL woofers.
(2) 10 TW-1-4 and (1) 12 TW1-4 All are going under the back seats.

2,000+ watts of McIntosh Bliss

#38 ·
That's beautiful, any more pictures of that?

Looks like OEM console to me, that's awesome.

#40 ·
I like: This is my 06 CC center console........

WTF 2006 where... ..... Man you got too much spare time on your hands :). :)

Whoever made the console is a WIZARD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.