What do you guys think? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 06:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do you guys think?

Had my 06 in to the shop for a dropped valve, ended up messing the piston up too, so they had the cab off and motor out. They decided to split the motor and tranny and put new valves in the motor as well… Long story short, I picked it up yesterday, and it was running great, got about 10 miles away from the shop and I was leaving a gas station parking lot, it felt like it slipped out of gear for a second or to, then slammed back in… When shifting it into drive and reverse I did notice it was hard to move the lever also… It doesn't do this all of the time, but it will do it within 10 or fifteen minutes of driving. It also feels like its shifting through the gears differently… just not smooth, sometimes hard, sometimes at weird points. No clue whats going on, what do you guys think? Never had a shifting issue what so ever before this… It has to do with something that happened at the shop, right?
Thanks for any thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

is the fluid level correct. may of lost some in the r&r and wasn`t replaced ?
Old 05-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Got it back up to the shop…yeah on a sunday! pretty good guy. Anyways, put the computer on it, turns out its one of the solenoids, I think it was D?? can't remember specifically, but either way, just glad to hear my tranny isn't on the way out! Should have it back by the weekend.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Okay, any help is appreciated here... Put the new solenoid in at the shop, transmission was still slipping and delaying. So shop says the next step is the torque converter... replaced that, and all was going well, I drove it home and it was good (flared slightly on the 3-5 shift)... Drove it around the next morning, and got on it a little just before home, when it went to shift, the motor bogged for a couple seconds then shut off on me. I was able to coast into my driveway. Batteries were completely dead, charged them up, got it to start...It wont move! Acts like it is in neutral in Drive, 1, 2, 3, and reverse. Also the throttle acts like it is unhooked when it is in reverse. Also my batteries keep dying on me. Any thoughts???? I am lost. Tow haul light did not flash at all... Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.