5r110 shifting issues and many codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 12:43 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
5r110 shifting issues and many codes

Alright guys I have searched and searched but couldn't find anything that really matches my problems. Ill try and keep this as organized as possible. The problem started out as just issue #1, then after I replaced the batteries it started doing 1,2,3 and 4. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Ill try to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Codes: po700, po766, p1000, p2700, p2701,p2703 (there have been a few more but they haven't come back)

Issues:

1. converter doesn't always lock and it trips the flashing tow/haul (will only shift up to 5th gear at this point)
2. after coming to a stop, the truck will be in neutral when I try to take off
3. when stopped, my edge cts will say its in 1st gear, then go to 2nd, then 5th without the truck moving
4. after giving it some throttle, the truck will SLAM into gear ( usually 5th) then after moving 20 feet or so, drop down to 1st and go through the gears as normal.
5. the last time I used reverse, the truck would not rev up at all (even though I pushed the throttle pedal down) it would only idle backwards. Reved up fine in neutral immediately after this issue.

What ive done so far:
1. Replaced both batteries ( old ones were on their last leg)
2. Replaced both filters and changed 9 quarts of fluid
3. Put in the PTP solenoid I had for the direct drive.

this is what the pan looked like:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.