05 tranny not shifting right?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricemiester

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 03:25 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 tranny not shifting right??

05 6.0 automatic, when first starting out in the morning lately,it takes a long time for the tranny to warm up?,wont shift when it should,will lug in 1st until I let of the pedal,then it shifts same in the next 3 gears,will work fine after it warms up,been really cold here lately.However the last couple of days it has been getting worse,now when it does shift it makes a shuddering noise and the truck vibrates,sounds like the exhaust is loose?,exhaust seems tight but that is the easiest way I can describe it,today in town it was lugging even after it was warmed up,only have a small hand held scanner,not sure if it will show any codes.The shuddering after shifting has me concerned,truck is bone stock,no mods at all,Is there a flash update,i seem to have seen that mentioned here not sure even what it is?,I am a bodyman not a mechanic,Also the little filter on the front frame rail,is that something that could be changed?,fluid smells OK,truck has 160000 kilometers on it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Harvey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Premium Member

6.0's on stock tunes have a limp program until the engine warms up. It's normal. As far as shuddering is the engine missing? What you're describing sounds like a bad injector.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Stiles likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricemiester For This Useful Post:
Stiles (03-05-2014)
Old 02-23-2014, 04:43 AM

The motor seems to run fine,no check engine light on,the shuddering happens when it shifts,it doesn't shift hard,it just seems to vibrate and the noise sounds like the exhaust is loose? and it make a sort of whistling noise?when it is cold it will rev to about 2200rpm before it will shift,even then I have to ease of the gas to get it to shift.a couple of times when it reved high to shift the little wrench showed up in the dash,but when I shut it off and restarted it it went away.I wonder if a bottle of Lucas or something similar added to the tranny might help,i have only had the truck for a year,do not know the history,but I don't think it was beaten to bad in its former life.Thanks Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.