Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bind issue or something I'm just missing

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Strokergonebroke 
#1 · (Edited)
2004 f250...sig describes it all.....4x4

My problem is there is a HUGE amount of resistance from my trans/trans case to rear axial....the resistance is so harsh that even using my 37's as a lever its extremely hard to turn the hole step up in neutral and fwd not engaged...turning the tires reverse is next to impossible and im not week by a long shot.

Disconnected my axial to diff and rear end spun fine and so did axial from trans case to carrier bearing so the problem is from the transfer case or transmission

I have no idea how long its been like this, im assuming not long since ive noticed a drop in mpg so i checked all my brake pins to find this problem.

Also......maybe there combined butttt

There is a very very very loud humm noise at around 35mph up and at replaced both wheel hubs and front end doesn't bind or resist in anyway...front axial spins like butter. I've tried to narrow it down the noise wise and i have been thinking its coming from the transfer case/trans for a while now but it seems to change tune and pitch sometimes when turning and hitting bumps....but the noise over power the M/T wine and radio at times.

Any ideas or tests?

Thank you

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.