Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tow/Haul Light P0713 Code

20K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  ATV PRO 11 
#1 ·
I've been having the tow/haul light flash a few times when starting the truck recently. It would flash until the tranny temp finally came above the cold, then everything would drive smoothly. Until the temp was normal the shifts were very hard and seemed to be in 'limp' mode. Yesterday the light came on when starting and it wouldn't shut off even after the engine had been idling for a good 20 minutes (probably gets to a low of 35 at night and about 50 when starting in the AM). I took it to a trusted tranny shop showed them the P0713 code and we both concluded it was the tft sensor. After a changing both filters, fluid, and the tft sensor I picked up my truck drove it home on the stock tune and it seemed fine. I threw the IDP Race tune (The same tune I've been running for over a year now) back on and drove her for another hour or so past the tranny learning period. Everything seemed fine at this point. This morning probably 50 degrees out, after about 30 seconds of idling the tow/haul started flashing again :doh: ... any suggestions? I heard it could be the tft sensor harness. I switched her back to the stock ECU just to start and run it cold a few times with out the innovative tune just to rule something out. Sorry for the long post, just had to get every detail in.

#2 ·
Any better results with the stock setting? Just curious. When I start my truck on stock I never get the blinking light. Usually only, had the problem now for a week, when I have the banks 6 gun on #6. I shut truck off, it resets and i'm good to go after.
Haven't replaced anything as of yet on mine.

#3 ·
It worked well with no codes for a few days, yesterday however the code was thrown again along with a p0711 code. I think I'll be dropping the Pam tomorrow and putting in the new harness, I'll keep you updated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
Has anyone ever had the P0711 code before? only 2 other articles on this website have mentioned it. Also would a corroded battery cable be causing these issues? I read it somewhere..

#5 ·
#6 ·
Just got my truck back from Ford with a new Sensor, fluid, filters, and a harness $815 later. However on the way home within a mile of the dealer, the tow/haul began flashing again. Scanned and got the code P0765 Solenoid D Malfunction. I'm kinda pissed and will be back at Ford in the AM, any suggestions in the meantime? Could this be related?

#7 ·
What sensor did they replace?
Also, does your truck need to be revved up to move or engage 1st gear?
Does it shift into 4-5 on the hwy or just stay in 3rd?
Do you have engagement shifting from P to R or D or nothing until you lightly rev until it engages?
Also, last question, what are your trans temps at?

#8 ·
They replaced the TFT Sensor and Harness. If I put the truck in drive it will move without the gas pedal, but not like normal its much slower, and when accelerating there is no bucking or jerking but it feels like I have to rev it higher to get to a normal speed. Shifting from Park Neutral or reverse causes no problems and seems completely normal. I didn't have a chance to put it on the highway before dropping it off at ford, they will drop the pan for free and look around since this happened as soon as I brought it home yesterday. Praying it was just a bad harness or they messed up something when re-attaching the valve cover.

#9 ·
Ended up the mechanic forgot to connect the harness to Solenoid D (Direct Clutch). Thanks for the scare Ford! They reconnected and advised me of a typical tranny re-learn strategy. All should be good.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.