Trans Problem(s) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trans Problem(s)

About three weeks ago my truck developed the 3-5 flare. After researching I decided to go with the gogo diesel direct clutch solenoid. This past weekend I serviced the trans and while I was in there, I replaced the solenoid. Since then I have driven about 300 flawless miles. Then, today on my way home, I had a couple of random scenarios where it seemed like it didn't know what gear to shift into. Once while on a coast at approx 45mph, less than 2000 rpm's, it up shifted..... I eased her on up to about 65 and then stomped it. At about 3500 rpm's it acted like it was going to up shift, but there wasn't another gear to go into.....wtf? I disconnected the batteries for about 15 minutes, in an effort to resent the computer, reconnected and went for a drive. Everything seemed fine...again wtf?

When I did the service the magnet was pretty clean. I tend to think my clutches are still good, being that the pan and the magnet were clean. I feel like the easiest thing would be to change out the rest of the solenoids. A good trans mechanic is going to change those in a rebuild any way.

FYI : it's an 03 f250 auto

My QUESTION(s) is:1. Has anyone had any experience with the solenoids on eBay, or do I need to stick to the dealership? Somewhere else? 2. If I replace the solenoids and in a couple of months the clutch takes a dump, will I need to replace them again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Update: replaced whole valve body and all new solenoids and wiring harness. So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed this holds.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
where did you get the valve body and solenoids? price? thanks
Old 11-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Got them from the local trans shop. Friend of a friend kinda deal. Paid $400 for the valve body with all of the solenoids on it. 140$ For the wiring harness. So about $550 total for parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.