Shifting problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-17-2013, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ymraspc
Shifting problem

So in the mornings the truck doesn't want to seem to shift until its almost at 3000 rpm and I'm barely on the accelerator.... just checked my fluid and its barely registering on the stick. I will be adding some today, but would it cause it to do that? Also checked and its not leaking anywhere, so I'm not sure how it even got low in the first place. Please help. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Wifes ride 2006 Crew Cab F350
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
With Rancho Lift Kit and 35X12.50R18 Toyo Open Country MTs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'01 2500 White,EC, LWB, 272k...HX40 Turbo, DD-2 injectors, BHAF, Holley Black Label Fuel Pump, Vulcan Big Line Kit, Suncoast Valvebody, 4" exhaust, egt gauge, boost gauge, trans temp gauge on pillar mount, fuel press gauge, TST PowerMax3, Silencer Ring MIA
Sold to move to England in 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-18-2013, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Update..... I added 2 quarts of mercon lv and it seems like nothing really changed aside from it having the correct level now. This morning it was still taking too long to shift. I plan on doing the fluid in the pan and filters change next, but I would like to know if that could even be the issue. Or is my trans about to go out?

'01 2500 White,EC, LWB, 272k...HX40 Turbo, DD-2 injectors, BHAF, Holley Black Label Fuel Pump, Vulcan Big Line Kit, Suncoast Valvebody, 4" exhaust, egt gauge, boost gauge, trans temp gauge on pillar mount, fuel press gauge, TST PowerMax3, Silencer Ring MIA
post #3 of 10 Old 09-24-2013, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

So now it seems to be doing it even more, but especially if you get on the throttle, and if you get over like 50mph, it doesnt want to shift....... Any and all help is appreciated fellas, I dont know anything about these 5R110s. Could it be just a simple fluid and filter change? Torque Converter?

post #4 of 10 Old 09-24-2013, 10:31 AM
shenanigans

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1357 Post(s)
Garage
know anyone that has access to either AE or IDS?

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

O-ringed with H-11's, Irate T4, BW S363SX-E, Holders 175/30%, TSD Tunes, No Limit Intake, CSF Intercooler, BPD Remote Oil Cooler, BPD water pump, 7.3 Fan Adapter, BD Diesel Manifolds, 6.7 Pump, Driven Diesel RR, Built Trans w/ PI converter, Derale Deep Pan, Traction bars, AirLift Helper Bags
post #5 of 10 Old 10-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I too have this issue until the tranny temp gets up to operating temperature, then it shift fine even under WOT. Is this always the case when cold? I'm new to this truck so still getting to know its intricacies. Also, does ECM strategies also apply to TCM as well are they 1:1 or independent of one another? Did previous strategies have been shifting conditions when cold?
post #6 of 10 Old 10-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Cold tranny slow shift

Hey I'm new to this site and was wondering if there was any solution to this cold tranny no shift I'm having the same problem
post #7 of 10 Old 10-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Have any of the guys having the shifting problem had the trucks checked for codes? What y'all are experiencing is not normal, unless I'm not understanding what you are saying. I'm reading that your trans is holding low gear too long until it warms up. Yes, no, maybe?

Tuned, Deleted, Filtered, Monitored...all the usual stuff.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No I never had it checked for codes yet but ya that's what mine is doing holding low gear until it warms up
post #9 of 10 Old 10-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

After it warms up it shifts great just started doing it when it started getting cold worked fine all summer
post #10 of 10 Old 10-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A lot of people will disagree with me, and I don't want to get into a debate about it, but what you just described may be fixed with a transmission flush. Look up BGProducts online and find a shop near you. You are looking for a PF-5 service. This is not a drop the pan/partial fluid exchange but rather a cleaner followed by a 100% fluid exchange. Yes, I've done it on my own SD as well as others.

Edit: http://www.bgprod.com/products/transmission.html

Tuned, Deleted, Filtered, Monitored...all the usual stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode