P0741 code and solenoid pack - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P0741 code and solenoid pack

I have an 02 F250 7.3 80k miles which has started shifting really hard at times, then shortly after that the OD light starts flashing. Iíve rarely driven it until I could get it checked out. Recently, a friend pulled P0741 code with his Innova 3160 scanner, but I still wanted to have it checked by a transmission mechanic so we cleared the code and waited for the OD light to flash again. Until dropping it off at the shop this week, Iíve been researching the code and it seems a new solenoid pack is curing most of the problems. I got it back from the shop tonight, who also got a P0741 code, and was told the ďTC wasnít locking upĒ, and between $1,200 and $1,400 to fix it. This would include a new torque convertor, rebuild the valve body, new springs in the pump, clean the accumulator, and a flush and filter, but nothing about a solenoid pack. Does that make sense?

If possible, I would like to fix it myself and found a procedure to test the solenoid once I can remove it, but donít want to start something I canít finish. My thought is to drop the pan this weekend to see if thereís any chunks or filings in it, check the resistances on the solenoid pack, and check the harness for damage. Is that the right approach? If nothingís in the pan, is that a good indicator that thereís no hard damage? I appreciate any input or suggestions. Thanks, Bryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just tell them to put a new torque converter in it first since it is a TCC code and go from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.