Jerking transmission - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jerking transmission

Hey I have an 06 f350 king ranch with the 6.0 engine. When the engine and transmission are cold the transmission doesn't want to shift and when you get around 60-65 mph in overdrive the transmission starts to jerk and shake the whole truck. If anyone on here had expericned this and knows how to fix it please let me know. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 05:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd do some searching, cause I've come across this fairly often in my "studies."
Old 03-17-2013, 06:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I forgot to say that once it warns up it quits.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
I'd do some searching, cause I've come across this fairly often in my "studies."
Firstly, welcome! Secondly, the search function works really well. Read, read and read again!

Without more info, I would say your shift issue may be a function of low power or - need more info - but, primarily it sounds more like an injector problem.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

isaac...i have a 05 6.0L w/ 56k and was having the EXACT same problem. I took it in to three aftermarket mechanics and they spend a couple hundred dollars of my money each place and came up with nothing. I finally said F'it and took it the dealership and one week and $7,000 later....the egr valve was broke off and sitting inside the manifold in pieces and all the egr parts and pieces and oil cooler were clogged and defunked, a couple head bolts were cracked, intake seals were leaking and two injectors had failed. I had installed the bulletproof EGR complete package, ARP studs, ALL new injectors, Snap connect fitting upgraded and a partridge in a pear tree. I'm picking her back up tonight.....
Old 03-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacguettler View Post
Hey I have an 06 f350 king ranch with the 6.0 engine. When the engine and transmission are cold the transmission doesn't want to shift and when you get around 60-65 mph in overdrive the transmission starts to jerk and shake the whole truck. If anyone on here had expericned this and knows how to fix it please let me know. Thank you.
I would bet you have an injector missing/dropping out when its cold, try some rev-x and/or fuel treatment?
Old 05-03-2013, 04:50 AM
Premium Member

Any one heard of an issue with a wirring harness to the shift Siloniods in the pan of the trans? Have had this issue for a year now with no codes and yesterday pulled a favor from a good friend who restores classic muscle and he had a trans guy give me a call. Said its a common issue somtimes miss - somtimes perposely - diagnosed as the shift siloniod. Ive ran every test there is to run on the engine in my 06 that a Pegisys scan tool will run and when warm the truck runs great. Not being able to diag this shutter when cold is getting under skin as I hate replacing whats not broke. Read many but wonder have i just missed the thread with the answer?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psdparts View Post
I would bet you have an injector missing/dropping out when its cold, try some rev-x and/or fuel treatment?
I agree with this . you have stiction look it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.