Slight 3-5 shift flare - will a Go-Go solenoid or SCT help??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 03:44 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Slight 3-5 shift flare - will a Go-Go solenoid or SCT help???

I've got an '05 F250, just had head gaskets/studs done, EGR delete. Trucks been down about a month. I noticed the slight flare between 3-5 shifts but it seems to be getting better with time? Could it be that the TCM or tuner had to adjust/learn over time after being down for so long? truck has a Bullydog GT gauge/tuner on it since I bought it. Never had any problems before as I don't beat the hell out of it (very often) I don't tow or race the truck, and the extra power from the Bullydog is more than enough in my book. My question is, would a Go-Go solenoid fix the issue/prevent further problems with my tranny and this tuner, or should I get rid of the Bullydog and go with an SCT Livewire? Can I tighten up the tranny with the SCT like the Go-Go is supposed to? Cost is definitely a factor as the warden is not at all pleased with the $5K bill to stud/gasket this thing. Any input would be appreciated. BTW- I have a line on an SCT Livewire with IDP's Extreme Street tune on it for $350 locally, so would the costs be comparable with a Go-Go by the time I'm done with the solenoid/fluids/trans filter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The bullydog tuner probably worked its magic on your transmission depending on what level you use. I would uninstall it, drive it stock for a week or so and see what happens but be prepared in case it gets worse, it could or it could stay the same or get better. The bullydog could be the culprit or it could have nothing to do with the flare at all as the flare does exist in stock trucks just not as noticeable until you put power to it. If it stays the same after removing the bdog then the solenoid is certainly cheaper than a sct tuner. So I would drive stock for a week then stock w/solenoid for a week or so then if it gets better custom tune it. I would say get the solenoid and keep it ready in the garage. Anything is better than bullydog on any level passed lvl 1. My advice is to just be prepared.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.