What part is the pump assembly? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What part is the pump assembly?

Its for a 2007 F550 diesel, but since we replaced the transmission all together with a 2006 F350 transmission, they are identical.

We took the truck a couple years ago to a shop because of solenoid issues, ran fine then suddenly after 5 minutes, 1 minute or 40 minutes, it would shudder, shift into neutral, throw several solenoid shift codes on the scanner etc.

They billed me $1550~ for the work, said it was a $725 part called "the pump assembly". Not 100 miles later, with a 12mo/12,000mi warranty, it still has the exact same problems, mis shifting, same exact codes, even when i picked it up originally, they said there was still delay going into reverse, but not as much as before, which was partially true.

Later we had another local shop, flat out remove the transmission and torque converter and replace it with the 2006 F350 trans/converter from a 15k mile truck. Our 07 has been fine ever since, but the converter that came out of the truck that was supposedly "replaced" only a month prior, looks factory, is rusted some and looks like its been in there for a while. The mechanic noted that it did not look like the transmission was EVER taken out of the 07 f550 anytime recently or ever at all too.

Isnt the pump on any automatic transmission the TQ converter? or am i just missing something? So far, they've given the attorney a crapload of lies about everything, stating that they told me to bring the truck back to rebuild it and i just never showed up, even though I did bring it back and the truck sat for two weeks, then they called and said we'd need a $2999 full rebuild, minus the $725 for the "pump" but i still paid over $1500 already. When i checked the truck in their parking lot with the laptop, same codes, they never hooked it up or drove it anywhere, it still had the same exact mileage on the computer :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Is your issue still present? If so you need to put a line pressure gauge on it. I'll bet that the pressures are bouncing like mad. I've seen an 07 react this way with a bad epc solenoid. aka electronic pressure control solenoid.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:07 PM
information regurgitator

The whole trans, in pdf format below:

Last edited by NYC F-350; 05-26-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
The whole trans, in pdf format below:
thanks guys.. i found this on ebay... so i guess this thing.. although not a "pump", it is part of the assembly or input shaft.. of course i found a few online, all less than $200 which i was billed $700~ for the darned part :/

FORD 5R110W TORQSHIFT TRANSMISSION COMPLETE PUMP ASSEMBLY 2005-UP | eBayFORD 5R110W TORQSHIFT TRANSMISSION COMPLETE PUMP ASSEMBLY 2005-UP | eBay
Old 09-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Powerstroke Techie

The pump is in side of that. When you order a pump you get that whole piece. You did notice that the one on ebay is a used one right?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:19 PM

I think He is showing the ebay part for reference
the truck was fixed by putting in a used transmission

the original shop is now suspect of lying about all work and the pump replacement on the previous transmission
Old 09-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I wasn't sure what he was asking. I didn't know if still had the issue and was looking for help or not. But if the epc solenoid is bad it can make it look like a bad pump.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:37 PM

What do you think a new pump assembly is worth ?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I know they ain't cheap from Ford. But I don't remember how bad they are. I don't think that I've ever put one in a torqshift, but I think the last 4r100 I did was in the neighborhood of $600 or 700 for just the pump. Plus the trans has to come out to put it in.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieseldoctor View Post
I know they ain't cheap from Ford. But I don't remember how bad they are. I don't think that I've ever put one in a torqshift, but I think the last 4r100 I did was in the neighborhood of $600 or 700 for just the pump. Plus the trans has to come out to put it in.
Thanks, yeah i know the ebay one is used... i still have the transmission, im sure i could have our local shop disassemble it enough to find out if its actually new or was the original " as in if they ever did replace it"

Is this pump assembly behind the bell housing? I told them when i first came in with the truck, its a solenoid issue, because the truck shifted fine, then instantly/suddenly, its erratic until you turn it off and back on, then you might get another 2 minutes or 15 minutes until it acts up again. A trans builder buddy of mine in Ohio, said the same thing. He was baffled why they'd tell me it was the trans pump, remove it, replace it and then still have problems after, he said they'd have had it out on a bench and were minutes extra worth of work away from taking apart the valve body for a spot inspection at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.