Considering GOGO upgrade - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Considering GOGO upgrade

I have been doing a little reading and am contemplating tossing in the "upgraded" GOGO Direct Solenoid when I change tranny filters and flush here in the next couple weeks (need some time). Is there any reason not to do this upgrade? Are there any other companies that are offering this as well? Are the better/worse? My truck is pretty much stock right now, but I will be doing some more performance upgrades starting next year after I get my bullet proofing done. I plan on towing a toy hauler in the 10-12K pound range if that is relevent to this at all. I am not a transmission guy, and especially not autos, but I am a very capable mechanic so that isn't an issue. Thanks for the insight.

Cheers,

Brew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 05:15 AM

A bump on this. Anyone have some insight?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 07-31-2012, 03:10 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i have recently asked the same thing..... only feed back , some like it some dont. for what it is , it sounds ike a deal. but you dont really hear it recommended. i have put thought to a tranny that learns, may not like it with aftermarket tuning. it seems most iffyness is from trucks with tunes.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I got one from absolute performance. A little cheaper than GOGO's. Still playing around to dial it in. I am running SRL+, and was getting a flair on the 3-5 shift. Now it gets the a bit to hard. Backed line pressure off 20% and think that it will be perfect once I get through the trans learning process. Someone told me on another forum that eric had worked out the kinks with the modded DD's. Gonna order the SPD tune and give it a try
Old 08-01-2012, 03:31 AM

Thanks for the replies. I still am not sure if I should put one in. I may wait until I mod the Excursion more. It shifts fine in stock form now.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-13-2012, 04:44 PM

I am still torn on this. I plan on doing my transmission flush next week and need to order this if I am going to. I have an SCT so I should be able to adjust rail pressures if it is needed. I am not tuned at the moment. Anyone else have an opinion on the subject?
Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 AM

Several companies offer modified versions of the shift solenoid. I've got a GoGo in my Excursion, but I was transmission problems before I put it in. It's not a magical cure all that's for sure. I can't say there is any reason I noticed not to put it in. I had a flare and when I put it in, it certainly made things better. But the problems I was having were larger then the solenoid. So now I'm going to have it rebuilt with Alto clutches/steels and a transgo shift kit. Should provide a pretty solid base for the power I plan on making. As far as the GoGo and aftermarket tuning, just make sure you tell the tunner that you have the solenoid. I've got tunes from TSD and from Quick Tricks and they both are setup to work with the GoGo and do just fine.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:02 AM

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will toss one in if there isn't a reason not to do it. Anyone have opinions on one manufacturer over another? I will probably be ordering tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Thanks again.

Cheers,

Brew
Old 08-15-2012, 02:45 PM

I certianly dont want to talk bad about the DD modified solenoid but do know that there is a very noticeable hard 3-5 shift after installing. I had the 3-5 flare, installed the GoGo solenoid and still had the flare with a very hard 3-5 shift. Appearently I had other issues that the solenoid could not fix. I eventually went from a flare to a major slip then BANG into 5th that would scare the hell out of anyone. I pulled out of the 3-5 shift with my SCT that decreased the shift harshness but only added to the flare. I would assume if your trans is 100% and you add the modified solenoid, then reduced the shift with your SCT you would probably be ok. I know most trans builders offer a modified direct drive clutch and pressure control solenoid with thier builds.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:39 PM

Thanks for adding to the thread. I figure I will try it out and see what I think. I plan on adding some more power here in the next few weeks and figured it might not be a bad idea since I am not having any problems at the moment. Hopefully it works out, I guess if I don't like it, I can always pull it out the next time I flush the transmission.

Cheers,

Brew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.