Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: A town you wouldn't know
Thanked 55 Times in 51 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok guys, I need some advise with my trans. The other day it started acting up, decent delay going into reverse and going into Drive. Every once in a while (seems to only do it when the truck is first started and put in 'D') it will shift into drive and then slip out, then lock in again. Trans temp doesn't matter, hot or cold it. It doesn't do it every time I start the truck, only sometimes. Its done the same in reverse once. This started this past weekend. No codes are being thrown by this behavior either.
There is no real noticeable shift flare from 3 to 5 like I have seen most complain about on here. Its a very soft **** but no signs of slipping. I havent had any issues while driving, just when making the initial shift to 'D' and 'R'.
So I need some advice/opinions of what my issue could be.
The fluid is at the proper lever, looks, and smells good from what I can see on the dipstick. I'm not sure when the last time the trans was flushed and had the filter changed. I have to look on my oasis to see if the reverse recall was preformed..
The way I see it I have a few options to try to resolve this deal.
1. install a Go Go direct solenoid and have the trans flushed with a new filter installed.
2. Have the trans flushed with new filters installed and see if solves the problem
3. Up my 3-5 shift pressure 10% in my tune and see if it fixes it.
4. Start pricing/looking for a new trans or look to have mine rebuilt.
5. leave it and see if it clears it self up.
Let me know what you guys think will be the best place to start. I'm leaning towards option 1....