Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

tranny noise

994 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  brokenarrow 
#1 ·
i went out and started up my truck this morning and it sound like the tranny was making noise like a grinding but i was in park then on the way to work it would do it again every now and then when i would accelerate and then again when i would decelerate getin off on the offramp. it just loud enough i can bearly hear it over the engine any ideas? i dont know what i could be since its making noise in park and while driving??? my transmission fluid is good and red no burnt smell? i hope it nothing big being i just replace my injectors last weekend and the bank account is dry.... its a 05' f350 automatic by the way

#2 ·
oh man im an idiot, it aint even my tranny just found out my down pipe is loose and my exaust is resting aginst my frame rail and the vibration was makin a sh#@ ton of noise... well thats a releaf........ at least a half drunk old man has enough wisdom to put his foot on the exaust before he crawls under the truck, when all us younger dumbasses are jumpin to the worst case cenario.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.