new gogo direct clutch solenoid - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new gogo direct clutch solenoid

i just installed the gogo direct clutch solenoid and it fixed the flair between 3-5 , when in stock tunning it works great shifts firm but when in mild tune or wild on the h&s it seems to shift very hard still firm but kinda bangs in to gear . id rather have it do that then the sloppy shift i once had but was just wondering if this is going to screw my transmission . i have read alot and heard the 5r110 loves to shift firm but with 190000 km i have to be sure i am not doing damage . i love the way it shift now i just wish i wouldnt shift sooooo hard on the 3-5 shift when stepping on it ...i guess i cant have it all .....or mabey i can with the help of org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 12:21 PM

i actually just ordered this selenoid and am waiting for it in the mail but am still sort of confused on a few things with it. does it effect any other shifts other than the 3-5? also how smooth was the install on it? sorry to steer off topic
Old 04-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM-POWERSTROKIN View Post
i actually just ordered this selenoid and am waiting for it in the mail but am still sort of confused on a few things with it. does it effect any other shifts other than the 3-5? also how smooth was the install on it? sorry to steer off topic

no problem at all first of all from what i have learned and read it just effects the 3-5 shift and reverse , but the week link is the 3-5 shift . it seems ( for me ) that all the other shifts were great just the 3-5 was sloppy . i only noticed this after getting the truck tuned ,in stock it wasnt noticable at first then it got worse . the install was very easy the only problem i ran in to was the solenoid they sent was a little different and i had to install it on a angle. the reason it was different was the tabs that lock it in place were about a centameter lower so they would not line up but after looking at it and trying different things i found if i turned the solenoid clockwise a qurter turn it fit right in then i could put the snap ring on and it wont turn freely (kinda hard to explaine)but it helped alot and i am happy with the product but now it seems to shift real firm at wot . very grabby ant i am not too sure if this is right ???? good luck on your install and let me no how it goes please .....
Old 04-05-2012, 03:42 PM

i just opened mine up out of the package 5 minutes ago. i plan on installing it this weekend and thanks for the tip. how many quarts of fluid did it take to refill the transmission or did you just put what you drained back in?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Premium Member

i recomend using new fluid , it just seems like the right thing to do . i drained the pan then droped it when it came time to fill up again i used 8 quarts but i bought 9 just in case , some people say u need 7.5 but i guess it all depends .
Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

just wondering wherer u got your from ? i got mine from holderdown performance
Old 04-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like its doing it's job. A hard shift is better than a flared shift?

I didn't notice mine get much harder just a lot quicker.

Sent from my DroidX using Autoguide

Last edited by DoubleDpsd; 04-09-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:08 PM

YOu should be able to turn your shift pressure down a little to reduce the harshness of the shift.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraScaper View Post
YOu should be able to turn your shift pressure down a little to reduce the harshness of the shift.
With a tuner? Ie, SCT?

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 04-14-2012, 04:55 AM

yes with an SCT livewire, not sure about the others, before you load the tune you canchange some parameters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.