Bad FICM...Bad HPOP??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bad FICM...Bad HPOP???

Obviously my truck must have heard me when I was talking about selling her. I made a quick trip to Indianapolis. On the way I was thinking how sweet the engine sounded. One the way back was another story. In the middle of the highway she just died. To make a long story short, I was towed into a mechanic. The next day I was told that the FICM had low voltage. I found a site on the internet where they actually rebuild the FICM so no reprogramming in required. You put the same FICM back on that you took off. Truck will still not start, another diagnosis: the HPOP is bad. The mechanic is supposed to have this installed tomorrow. Has any one had the same issue where the FICM and HPOP have gone out at the same time???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 05:48 PM

If anyone is interested, I got my truck back on Thursday. Seems to be running OK but I do have a P2552 code that was not there before. To get the truck running I had to have: a new HPOP installed (2 actually, the first one was bad from Ford according to the mechanic???), rebuilt the FICM, replaced fuel rail o-rings, and replaced #8 injector. As a precaution, I changed oil early in addition to all filters.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
P2552 isn't a common dtc, actually I can't find any good information out about it at all.

whoever repaired the ficm may have damaged it
Old 10-30-2011, 08:04 PM

Bad FICM...P2552 code

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner6.0L View Post
P2552 isn't a common dtc, actually I can't find any good information out about it at all.

Thank you sinner6.0l,
I am going to call the company tomorrow that "upgraded" the module. There are a few other folks out there that have/had the P2552 code but I have not found much information on it or exactly what it is. The truck seems to be running well but I am still a little goosey after being stranded. If I find out more, I will certainly let you know.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:17 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I got a 2552 after my headgasket replacement-cleared it, never came back. I think it has something to do with disconnecting the FICM while the batteries are still hooked up.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:40 AM

P2552 Error Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdillenger View Post
I got a 2552 after my headgasket replacement-cleared it, never came back. I think it has something to do with disconnecting the FICM while the batteries are still hooked up.
Thx dazdillenger, I have tried clearing the code using my EDGE CTS but it keeps coming back. Before I sent the for repair I did have the infamous P0611. Code P0611 is now gone but replaced by the P2552. I may try disconnecting the batteries, let it sit for a few minutes then reconnect.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:32 PM

Talking P2552 Error Code

Quote:
dazillenger wanted to follow up on your earlier email. After driving my truck for a few day. I again checked my error codes. The P2552 was still there even though I had cleared it several times. Thinking about your response, I disconnected both batteries for about 60 seconds then reconnected. I then cleared my error codes. So far the 2552 code has disappeared.
Although I have never been able to find out exactly what this code meant disconnecting the power seems to have reset something in the FICM. I am keeping fingers crossed it does not reappear.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:35 PM

P2552 Error Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner6.0L View Post

Sinner, wated to give to a follow up message:
I disconnected the batteries today for about 60 seconds. The P2552 error code has cleared. Disconnecting the power seems to have reset something in the FICM. I am keeping fingers crossed, although I never truly found out what the error actually indicates.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:17 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Glad to hear it. I bet your scanner just wasn't actually clearing it. I tried to clear it with my CTS, it came right back. However when I used my PPE software with the enhanced ford bundle, it cleared it and stayed off!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:30 PM

P2552 Error Code

Quote:
Glad to hear it. I bet your scanner just wasn't actually clearing it. I tried to clear it with my CTS, it came right back. However when I used my PPE software with the enhanced ford bundle, it cleared it and stayed off!
Could be the CTS. I have been looking at addition software to monitor my engines condition. I was looking at AEs system/software for Fords.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ficm, hpop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.