Shop fixed 2007 F550 trans... still has same issues? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shop fixed 2007 F550 trans... still has same issues?

So we purchased a used 2007 F550 6.0L 4x4 truck over a month ago, a week later, it started suddenly banging into drive and reverse after shifting the lever.

Then it developed a long delay before the bang after you move the shifter.. this was all within a couple days.

Then it started to disable Overdrive and the tow/haul light would flash, restart the truck and its fine for overdrive until 1 mile or 100 miles later.

Took the truck into the trans shop in NJ, all they do are transmissions. Truck was setting a code, i had nothing to read it at that point though. Shop said it was a ebc solenoid? and needed a "pump". So $700 in parts later and $750 for labor plus tax, they replaced on my receipt "pump assembly". WTF is that part?

I have dissasembled auto fwd transmissions in the last couple years, isnt the Torque converter your "pump" , and i know they have a pump shaft but your talking a fairly small part and they dont cost that much.

How would the shop know its a pump assembly if they told me this before they pulled the transmission from the truck?

Before i picked it up, the guy said that the trans still banks going into reverse, but after you do that once, it doesnt do it after that unless its turned off... sounds like a solenoid still to me right? I was told most of the solenoids on the 5r110 trans can be swapped out from the bottom with taking off the pan?

Anyway, within the first 100 miles, the truck still bangs in drive at a light, hit the gas and it seems like the truck slips back into pure neutral, and when you rev it some, it BANGS back into drive and starts to move.... so what did they actually fix? no engine light has triggered yet for me to check but its BS it costs that much and its nearly still the same as before?

They said they'd recommend a full trans rebuild since the solenoids or pump assembly didnt fix it in the range of 3k+ easy, thats on top of what i just paid :/

Truck has 54k miles on a 2007 diesel F550 crew cab
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Sounds like you either need a rebuild or a new trans shop.

One thing to remember the torqshift is different than the older auto transmissions.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Sounds like you either need a rebuild or a new trans shop.

One thing to remember the torqshift is different than the older auto transmissions.
well its going back to the shop today... truck is still doing 90% of the problems it did exactly before the $1600 "pump assembly" replacement :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.